Official BS.Player forums

Official BS.Player forums (http://forum.bsplayer.com/)
-   Bug Reports And Codecs (http://forum.bsplayer.com/bug-reports-codecs/)
-   -   movies not opening (http://forum.bsplayer.com/bug-reports-codecs/2100-movies-not-opening.html)

komodo 10th July 2003 10:57 AM

movies not opening

Hi.

I upgraded bsplayer with ver 499 and now the player opens very slowelly and my movies don't open. It looks like it's continually opening the movie file but never opens. that is the same for every movie file. any suggestion?

thanks for any help

kurtnoise 10th July 2003 03:33 PM

Maybe try the ClearReg/Unreg....when we change a lot of upgrade version, we can have some switching problems as you are. With a properly reinstallation, problems can be solve.

vorkosigan 11th July 2003 02:49 AM

v.499 crash at opening of any media file.

I have the same problem as above. I tried out every uninstalling/cleaning method but the software still crash at the opening of any media file. The last version who work without problem is v.493. Any idea ?

komodo 11th July 2003 05:26 PM

actually I tried everything and at the end I found that the couse of my problem was Kazaa. when its open my bsplayer don't work.

thx.

adicoto 11th July 2003 06:43 PM

Re: v.499 crash at opening of any media file.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vorkosigan
I have the same problem as above. I tried out every uninstalling/cleaning method but the software still crash at the opening of any media file. The last version who work without problem is v.493. Any idea ?

More information ? What message do you get ?

quattro 12th July 2003 11:25 AM

i had a simular problem, bsplayer would open real slow but the movie at some point would start playing. my problem was related to my mcafee virus scaner. if u shut your virus scaner down and the problem goes away then you are going to have to add bsplayer to your exclusion list. in mcafee this option is located in the system scan properties menu under the exclusion tab.

yeahright 12th July 2003 11:54 AM

No problems with

bsplayer084.436

fyi

yeahright 12th July 2003 11:56 AM

Oh and

I run kazaa all the time, but I dont ever use the built in viewer, I use sigdat and avipreview to view.

yeahright 12th July 2003 11:58 AM

AND

I suggest updating codecs, I use the kazaa lite codec pack, includes everyting including bsplayer, on www.k-lite.tk

adicoto 12th July 2003 07:21 PM

Don't use codec pacs.

yeahright 12th July 2003 08:24 PM

k-lite.tk

This is the best codec pack I've seen, not sure why you are against it.
There's no spyware and it works every time.

I have recommended it quite a few times and everyone so far has been very happy about it.

It has all the stuff - ac3, divx, mpg, ogg, xvid, and even bsplayer.

I cannot say it has the latest of all these, but they update it sometimes, and like I say it has been a great relief to have it because now all the different codecs are in one nice package.

good luck ;-)