Official BS.Player forums

Official BS.Player forums (http://forum.bsplayer.com/)
-   Bug Reports And Codecs (http://forum.bsplayer.com/bug-reports-codecs/)
-   -   multiple instances ... trouble with opening files (http://forum.bsplayer.com/bug-reports-codecs/2139-multiple-instances-trouble-opening-files.html)

teomor 15th July 2003 03:45 PM

multiple instances ... trouble with opening files

i was waiting for so long for the multiple instances thing :D and now that i can use it im a lil upset coz .... i got this problem ...

1) i open up an instance, i open the playlist wit some video files (mpeg, not divx not xvid nothing like that) and start playin one of the files.
2) i start another instance of bsplayer and do the same thing as with the first one.
3) the problem is ... when i dblclick on any movie(in playlist) on the first instance , the instance freezes until i stop or change the movie in the second instance. after i do this i can play with the first instance for as long as i want to, but if i try to dblclick on the second instance to change the movie it freezes just like the first one did until i change or stop the movie in the first one and then it works ..... and so on and so forth :D

ps: HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPP :d

oops:forgot to say : version 0.86 build 499 , win98 second edition...

and it doesnt do the same with audio files

ps2: playin 2 divx files at the same time doesnt work, i get an error message about overlay failed.

adicoto 15th July 2003 08:39 PM

this is a hardware problem I say. On my computer 2 divx files play ok, no stop. First instance use overlay, second use rgb mode because you can't use 2 overlays. But second instance play ok in rgb mode. So, what cpu and how much ram do you have ? Do you see the files from hdd or from cd?

teomor 16th July 2003 06:33 PM

i got an amd duron 750 mhz and 256 mb ram, gforce 2 mx 200 , win98se (latest windows update :lol: )

adicoto 17th July 2003 02:20 PM

Do you see the files from cd or from hdd ? Duron @ 750 is a little bit slow for two divx files at the same time.

teomor 17th July 2003 05:21 PM

sorry, forgot about that, files from hdd and theyre not divx, i was talkin about mpeg

adicoto 18th July 2003 09:52 PM

Works OK with 2 MPGs too. I am using Elecard video decoder. CPU usage 25-40 % on an celeron @ 1466MHz.

teomor 28th July 2003 02:13 PM

i have nvidia gforce 2 mx 200
i tried using one instance with overlay and the other with rgb and still does the same thing

teomor 28th July 2003 02:17 PM

btw can u tell me how or if i can do the following?

as u know the movie window is snapin now to the margins of the desktop and yes i can move it behind the margin but when i change the movie it goes back snaped to the margin, can u tell me if i can make it stay there?

adicoto 28th July 2003 08:21 PM

Sorry, but I don't understand exactly what you want. My english sometims is not so good.

teomor 28th July 2003 08:27 PM

the movie window is snapped to the edge of the screen and if i move it behind the screen it stays like this until i change the movie and then it moves back snapped to the edge

adicoto 29th July 2003 02:47 PM

Movie window is resizable and movable, using drag'n'drop, or mouse wheel. Sometimes, when is not on full screen, window edge goes behind the margin, but only on some movies, I don't know why. Click and move. But it moves only in 8 pixel steps.

teomor 5th August 2003 05:02 PM

i dont mind that, but the thing is ... i want it to stay there (behind the margin) when i change movies from playlist, i hate moving it behind the margin every time i change the movie...

btw... isnt it possible to disable snapping to edges of desktop?