Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Bug Reports And Codecs

Bug Reports And Codecs Report BS.Player bugs here - help us to improve BS.Player even further.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 7th July 2002
BS.Player Newbie

alpha is an unknown quantity at this point
Default command line args bug?

Hi,

I have made some shortcuts to movie files and now I am trying to utilize as parameters the command line args -fs and -stime=<whatever>. However, when the file runs, these arguments are having no effect. I also attempted using "start" in dos to run the files with these arguments and they also had no effect. My files are associated with BSPlayer and here is an example of the target in the shortcut file: "C:\video.mpg" -fs -stime=20.

Has anyone been able to successfully use the argument options? :?

Thanks,
Brian
Old 9th July 2002
BS.Player Power User

xlv600 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes it works. For instance, I've entered this on a command line:
"C:\Program Files\BSPlayer\BPlay.exe" "G:\D'Artagnan\Film.avi" -fs -stime=120
And it plays the movie fullscreen at time 0:02:00 from hard disk G.

For stime option to work, you've to uncheck "Remember last movie played", as this override the argument loaded from command line.

I've tested this with v0.85.488 under WinMe, in the Run command line from Startup windows menu, as a target of a Shortcut on the Desktop and even in a DOS shell prompt.

Can I help more?
Old 12th July 2002
BS.Player Newbie

alpha is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re:

You're right. I tried and it worked using the Start->Run and also through a .bat file. However, have you been able to make this work using a shortcut to a movie? I have associated my files with BSPlayer, and and an example of the target in the shortcut file: "C:\video.mpg" -fs -stime=20 but the args are not having any effect. I'm not sure of the reason, maybe unless you specify the .exe itself the command params are passed differently in windows? :?: Let me know if you can get a shortcut example to work.

Thanks,
Brian
Old 12th July 2002
BS.Player Power User

Quietseb is an unknown quantity at this point

Well if you don't specify the exe, what would the -fs -stime 30 be parameters for ?
If I understand correctly the way it works (and I'm not sure about it), opening a file with a program consists in sort of rewriting a new command line with the exe in it and the file as a parameter, then executing it. Then it goes back to what you've written in your shortcut.
If you put the exe in you shortcut, it opens the program and passes the parameters => it works
you would have the same result if you edited the opening properties of your avi files (in windows explorer -> tools -> folder options -> file types) and changing the command line from <<"path to bplay.exe" "%L">> to <<"path to bplay.exe" "%L" -fs -stime=120 >> and making a simple shortcut (or opening directly your film ;))

Well it seems I was in a mood for writing...
In short: put the path to the bplay.exe in your shortcut (just as you did in start->run..) and it will work

Tags
args, command, line