Official BS.Player forums

Official BS.Player forums (http://forum.bsplayer.com/)
-   Bug Reports And Codecs (http://forum.bsplayer.com/bug-reports-codecs/)
-   -   "File is corrupt. Seeking will be very slow" (http://forum.bsplayer.com/bug-reports-codecs/3445-file-corrupt-seeking-will-very-slow.html)

sp00ky 11th December 2003 12:59 AM

"File is corrupt. Seeking will be very slow"

This bothering message appears EVERYTIME I load a video. i cant take it out. could you take it out? in the next version?

other problem, do not save my ac3 settings

and i have no sound using codec 0x0055(MP3) ID'd as MPEG-1 Layer 3

ZanderZ 11th December 2003 08:32 PM

This just means your avi file is corrupt. It shouldn't happen on normal avi files.

sp00ky 11th December 2003 08:51 PM

Na... i dont think so.... ALL MY AVI FILES ARE CORRUPTED? ne...
Besides.... what if they are corrupted? i dont want a message every time telling me this.....

adicoto 11th December 2003 08:54 PM

By any chance, your files are created using win media player codec 9 ?

sp00ky 11th December 2003 08:59 PM

i try every type of files..... divx, xvid... all are corrupted :S

adicoto 11th December 2003 09:04 PM

Try reinstalling directx. Maybe the media spliter is corupted.

rockstiff 12th December 2003 02:18 AM

Ok, I just had the exact same problem, and reinstalling DirectX solved it. It's seems to be a problem with BSPlayer though, since I've never had that problem before now, when watching a movie with 1.0 RC1 803.

rockstiff 12th December 2003 02:19 AM

Oh, and while watching the movie (the one before I had to reinstall DirectX) I noticed lags every 5 minutes or so... never had that problem either!

rockstiff 12th December 2003 02:50 AM

Oh my... it just happened again!
I first reinstalled v 0.86 after i reinstalled DX, and everything worked perfectly! I then removed 0.86 and installed 1.0 again, and the same thing happened again! :( Removing 1.0 and installing 0.86 didn't help, so I had to reinstall DX again...

Strange 12th December 2003 07:51 AM

same happens to me, with newest BSplayer and v.86 too :?

gonna try reinstall DirectX

rockstiff 14th December 2003 12:55 AM

Question: Do any of you, who has experienced this bug, any other media players installed? If this has something to do with the avi-splitter, I just realized that ViPlayer installs its own... maybe thats the problem?! In that case maybe this has nothing to do with BSPlayer.

rockstiff 14th December 2003 01:16 AM

See this!

Chico 10th September 2004 10:24 AM

Same for me. Had 4 movies that played well on my desktop. After transferring to my laptop, BSPlayer (latest version now available) tells me all files are corrupt, and seeking will be very slow :? After that, it starts to play, seeking is acceptable, but there is NO sound.

Tried to reinstall to DirectX 9.0c (latest) but that didn't help.
The system is running Windows XP Home SP2.
Installed the latest Full K-Lite codecpack (2.27). But now the strange thing;

I also have MediaPlayerClassic and DivXPlayer, and they both play the file perfectly. That's WITH sound. I prefer BSPlayer for it's functionallity, though.

I also noticed in BSPlayer that the only option in the audio-menu is the equalizer. GSpot codec info told me the movies have MPEG1 Layer 3 sound. It looks to me that BSPlayer can't "find" the right codec or something?

I'd like to try my chances with an older BSPlayer (0.86?), but I can't find it anywhere... :cry:

Any suggestions?

Chico 10th September 2004 05:35 PM

Finally!!! After a lot of re-installing/upgrading and removing again, I noticed some other topic about missing sound in AVI files with BSPlayer. The solution offered by bst was to re-register the quartz.dll-file (I guess this is a part of DirectX, cause I've seen it somewhere around...)

It's done by running the next file:

%windir%\system32\regsvr32 %windir%\system32\quartz.dll

After I did that, the AVI file opened slightly, and I heard sound! Absolutely fabulous! Keep up the nice work, and I hope I helped some other people with this prob, cause it took ME a couple of hours..... :oops:

negu 11th September 2004 12:21 AM

hi chico !

i have the same problem as you but i don't understand how you correct it, would you mind giving me the details how you proced !
thank you

negu 11th September 2004 12:28 AM

once again me chico !!!!

it's alright i have succed in resolving the problems as you said !!!!!

thanks a lot .....3 days i tried to understand what's matter !!

Chico 11th September 2004 08:16 AM

Sure I can;

I re-installed direct-x 9.0c (the latest version). Then, after running dxdiag (diagnosis program from Direct-x) I noticed the quartz.dll file (as stated in dxdiag) didn't have as much info as the rest of the direct-x files.

bts gave the next solution. This re-registers the quartz.dll file. That means it repairs its entry in the registry. You register the file by running (Start --> Run) the next line:

%windir%\system32\regsvr32 %windir%\system32\quartz.dll

It asks for your confirmation, and after that; the sound was back!

Hope I explained it clearly, otherwise let me know (and also please if it works out for you :wink: )

Good Luck!
Chico

hector987 3rd November 2004 07:34 PM

i started getting this msg after i installed viplayer by urusoft - screwed up my winamp too i get "file is corrupted" for every avi movie on my pc - i know for a fact none are corrupted unless some virus went and corrupted them all in a matter of minutes - winamp doesn't play any avi's either - i've tried uninstalling and reinstalling all media apps and codecs - now i will try reinstalling directx

Chico 4th November 2004 09:23 AM

If that doesn't seem to work try re-registering the quartz.dll file too, and post your results again.
Good luck... :)