Official BS.Player forums

Official BS.Player forums (http://forum.bsplayer.com/)
-   Bug Reports And Codecs (http://forum.bsplayer.com/bug-reports-codecs/)
-   -   the movie shows upside down... (http://forum.bsplayer.com/bug-reports-codecs/3484-movie-shows-upside-down.html)

mondaymorninglunatic 15th December 2003 03:22 PM

the movie shows upside down...

hello, my problem is that every movie or video clip i try to watch on BSplayer shows upside down. the subtitles are ok but the picture is upside down. i've downloaded all the important codecs so i guess it's not a codec problem. can u help me solve it? :cry:
thanks a bunch.. :wink:

Fonz 15th December 2003 06:40 PM

Picture shows upside down

I had this same problem with only xvid, and installing a newer version fixed it. But now I still have that problem with mpeg.

Feature request: allow vertical flip of video, not only to fix problems like the above, but also to use my laptop above my bed ;-)

And 90 degree rotation would allow rotation of monitor for different size movies.

se7en000 16th December 2003 02:53 PM

Flip video

there is a "flip video option" in the xvid codec, that problem appears on some config.

mondaymorninglunatic 19th December 2003 08:41 PM

i dont think i understood

so what do i do? or is there anything i can do? it never used to do that and then just started to out of the blue..

plas 20th December 2003 10:17 AM

I had the same problem and found solution.
I opened BSPlayer.XML file from C:\Program files\BSplayer directory.
I looked for RGBOvr tag and changed it to 0:
<RGBOvr type="int">0</RGBOvr>

donthenet 23rd December 2003 02:56 AM

Video Plays Upside Down

I have Win 98 and the same upside down problem. I went to program folder to change RGBOvr tag to 0, as suggested but it already is 0 and even if it wasn't, how would you change the value anyway. There must be some trick to that. I also tried using Overlay Mode 2 as suggested in another post, and that solves the upside down problem, but it prevents any of my keyboard shortcuts from working ( F for Full screen etc ), and causes occasional program crashes. This is such a great program in other respects. I don't want to give up on it, but I don't want to keep standing on my head either. Any more suggestions?

Guigui 23rd December 2003 04:10 PM

Aaaargh !!
I have the same problem and nothing changes when I put Overlay Mode 2.
As donthenet, I don't understand the thing about RGBOvr type, I cannot change anything and it's already at 0 !
Please help me !!!

BSPeter 23rd December 2003 11:55 PM

Re: the movie shows upside down...

Quote:

Originally Posted by mondaymorninglunatic
hello, my problem is that every movie or video clip i try to watch on BSplayer shows upside down.

To be able to help you more information is needed. (See Help to Help-post).
Assuming that you're already running either BSPlayer's build 501 or 803, maybe it would be a good idea first to make sure that you use latest DivX codec (5.1.1.). You can download latest DivX codec here.
You need not install the player which is included in this "bundle"; you can simply deselect it.
:wink:

J.F. 24th December 2003 07:20 AM

Ran into that myself. What you need to do is go into the xvid filter properties and change the colorspace to yv12. Leave the flip video unchecked. Then set your BSplayer video options overlay to mode 2. Quit and restart and it should be fine.

mondaymorninglunatic 24th December 2003 09:47 PM

no success

1. yes, i am using the newest divex version.

2. how do i get to the xvid properties??

:shock:

BSPeter 25th December 2003 12:18 AM

You can reach filters/codecs through BSPlayer's "Options"/"Filters" (with a movie loaded). For DivX5.1.1 codec, please check its settings on Tab "Quality". (These can also be reached directly through [Start] "Programs"/"DivX"/"DivX codec"/"Decoder configuration Utility".)
If "Support Generic Mpeg-4" is checked (selected) my XViD movies play using (i.a.) DivX-decoder. If this box is unchecked, same movies will use XViD's codec and XViD codec will be shown under "Options"/"Filters", where you also can set its properties (such as "flip video").
http://members.home.nl/van.raak/wink.gif

mondaymorninglunatic 28th December 2003 10:56 PM

BSPeter, i did exactly what u said and it didnt happen. all i have on the options\filters is this:
- default directsound device
- moonlight NicePheratu
- AC3 filter

and there isnt a "flip video" option in any one of them.
:(

adicoto 28th December 2003 11:23 PM

Seems you have a "Hell of a codec pack" installed. Try uninstalling codec pack and reinstall independent codecs:
http://forum.bsplayer.org/viewtopic.php?t=3042

adicoto 28th December 2003 11:44 PM

Second opinion. Do you have directvobsub installed. When you launch a file, is there a green arrow in the systray ? If so, go to it's options and enable flip video, or uninstall it. I just run into this problem doing some tests with vobsub. Hope this will solve your problems.

mondaymorninglunatic 29th December 2003 12:22 PM

I've tried everything- installing each codec individually, installing all sorts of codec packs, nothing really helped.
AND i dont have checked the "flip video vertically" on vobsub. didnt solve it.. how unexpected...

adicoto 29th December 2003 02:45 PM

So, did you enabled the option or not ?

mondaymorninglunatic 29th December 2003 05:39 PM

ignore the "dont have" in the last line.. oops

adicoto 29th December 2003 06:07 PM

One last question: do yourun Win 98 ?

mondaymorninglunatic 29th December 2003 09:19 PM

xp pro

adicoto 29th December 2003 09:38 PM

And this flip thing is happening to all avi movies, xvid and divx, and also on MPEG2 files ? Last thing you can do in this case is uninstall all codec packs and try ffdshow. It was always the last solution on win98 machines where this problem was mentioned. Nothing else I can suggest.

alderaan 9th January 2004 01:24 PM

hmm this is one weird problem... effecting my win2003 system

installed 3.11 4.02, angelpotion thingie, all indeo things from intel up to iv51, divx 5.1.1, 4.11, 4.12, 5.02, 5.05, 5.03, nimo build 10!, even tried the newest ffdshow(that only cleared up the blurriness), naturally installed dx9.0b, hell i even found 4 more codec packs no one even mentioned in here! and guess what! bsplayer wants to play my mpegs upside down!!!! avi? fixed finally, but whocares about avi these days! however my resolution sucks ashk! got a greenish tint now too... dunno which codec im missing, and oh here's a kicker, the other versions of bsplayer arent upside down on the mpegs... but zoomplayer 3.3 is working fine... again greenish tint, but im thinking im need to remove a codec or add one im missin... so if anyone has any clue on why this new version is upsidedown please give us a straight answer! sad thing is system died last nite, windozeME was what i was using and everything was fine... installed this new sheet and now look what happens... help! anyone! (intelligent answers plz)

ps: anyone know how to get rid of elecard player and replace it with a free/better mpeg codec?:)

thanks
alderaan

green_goblin 11th January 2004 07:48 AM

People may wanna try ace mega codec pack rather than that angel potion one as there are some problems with it on some setup.

Use google to find the ace mega codec pack

Gaucho 12th January 2004 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adicoto
One last question: do yourun Win 98 ?

My situatio is as bad as mondaymorninglunatic, nothing can solve the problem (upside down...)
BUT my OS is Windows 98, while mondaymorninglunatic's WinXP.
What´s the difference?

Thanks,

lodoss5 16th January 2004 02:58 PM

I have a problem of upside down with MPEG files only and it appends only on my PC Screen and not on my TV (I am using nvidia dual-view). Trying to activate and desactivate dualview and to move the video from my PC screen from TV, I saw that the video was sometimes ok and sometimes upside down...
I use the latest BSPlayer version.

crawdoogie 20th January 2004 08:16 PM

codec nightmare

:idea: check out this link for divx fix:

http://forums.divx.com/viewtopic.php...=54711&forum=1