Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Bug Reports And Codecs

Bug Reports And Codecs Report BS.Player bugs here - help us to improve BS.Player even further.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 1st February 2004
BS.Player Newbie

Velorum is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Slight Problem - audio skips [fixed]

First off i wanted to say how much i like this player. I have been using a combination of winamp and "the core" media player for a while now and it's really great to finally find a player that can do it all.

That said i seem to have a slight problem that maybe some more experienced users can help me with. Every time a new window loads "eg i open up a new IE window, or i open up my "my documents" folder, the audio will skip for about a half a second or so. It's kind of annoying especially because i'm a crazy multi-tasker and i open windows like mad. I'm not sure if i need a special filter/encoder...or if there is a setting i have to alter...or if it is just a bug but any help would be appreciated. Oh and the audio files that skip are (.mp3 and .wma)

(note: so long as i don't open any new windows the audio plays fine...)
Old 1st February 2004
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

Windows native built in sounds are activated ? Because then the soundcard must play the assigned sound to "open new window" and some cards can't mix two sounds and skips one of them to play the other.
Old 1st February 2004
BS.Player Newbie

Velorum is an unknown quantity at this point

Edit: Well, i just restarted my computer and when i tried to listen to the music again, there were no skips at all. Not sure what happened but everything appears to be working fine now. Thanks for the help and thanks the such an awesome player =)

Edit #2: Well the problem started back up again. However, this time i figured out what was wrong. In the preferences->general configuration there is a box that allows you to set the cpu usage priority. Mines was not set (empty box) If you change it to normal it might help (it fixed my problem completly).

Tags
audio, skips, slight