Official BS.Player forums

Official BS.Player forums (http://forum.bsplayer.com/)
-   Bug Reports And Codecs (http://forum.bsplayer.com/bug-reports-codecs/)
-   -   "Remember last movie position" doesn't get saved (http://forum.bsplayer.com/bug-reports-codecs/3898-remember-last-movie-position-doesnt-get-saved.html)

valipod 2nd February 2004 01:24 PM

"Remember last movie position" doesn't get saved

I tried to set the player to remember wether the movie should be played full-screen on in window mode. This "remember last movie position" doesn't really mean exactly what I need, but I tried, only to notice, the option doesn't get saved after closing the player.

Anyway, the idea is to make BS to play both parts of a movie in the same way, i.e. full screen. Can anyone help me here? Of course I am talking about the build 805

Thanx!

BSPeter 2nd February 2004 08:50 PM

Re: "Remember last movie position" doesn't get sav

Quote:

Originally Posted by valipod
Anyway, the idea is to make BS to play both parts of a movie in the same way, i.e. full screen.

You can load both parts of the movie in playlist (e.g. using Enqueue-option or like this):
rightclick on BSPlayer's skin and select Playlist
then rightclick on Playlist and then select Add files (etc)
Perhaps also select "Full screen" in file list.
Further (to make BSPlayer play subtitles automatically) read this post.
:wink:

valipod 3rd February 2004 09:11 AM

OK, you kind of took me for a moron here...

Quote:

Originally Posted by BSPeter
You can load both parts of the movie in playlist (e.g. using Enqueue-option or like this):
rightclick on BSPlayer's skin and select Playlist
then rightclick on Playlist and then select Add files (etc)
Perhaps also select "Full screen" in file list.

OK, you kind of took me for a moron here and maybe I am, but, to begin with the end, about the subtitles, I know and I do that. But I use the ffdshow subtitle filter, because it shows better on the screen. Nevermind.

The real problem is with the fullscreen option. I use playlists, I even create them as files, the problem is the player goes back in windowed mode when it changes from movie1 to movie2, although it was on fullscreen in the first place. This didn't happen with the pre 1.0 versions. I only asked because I hope there is an option I missed.

But in the mean time I found the option I was missing. It's "Remember movie window size" - which you have to admit, it doesn't have anything to do with fullscreen. But shomehow it's the solution. If you select this the second movie (part 2) in the playlist gets played in fullscreen, just as much as the first one.

Still, not that I want to find one, but there is a bug here

BSPeter 4th February 2004 03:14 AM

Re: OK, you kind of took me for a moron here...

Quote:

Originally Posted by valipod
"Remember movie window size" - which you have to admit, it doesn't have anything to do with fullscreen. But shomehow it's the solution. If you select this the second movie (part 2) in the playlist gets played in fullscreen, just as much as the first one.

Your conclusion that it has nothing to do with fullscreen is a bit hasty in my opinion. E.g. look at the help-text displayed at the option "Remember movie window size", which help-text reads as follows:
"Remembers movie window size.
For ex. If movie is 352x288 and you resize window to 690x566,
then when you play next movie window will stay resized to 690x566."
So this is equally valid if you "resized" the window to full screen.

valipod 6th February 2004 05:54 PM

HMMM, OK, if you say so

Well, I thought you cannot call "fullscreen" the mear encreasing of the window. Especially since if I double click on the image in this mode I get another size, the real window size.

But nevermind, it works, and the player is great now :) Thanks for this. I find it one inch away from being perfect (the subtitle display is still inferior to the one of the FFDShow), and it is the best there is. OK, I stop licking.