Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Bug Reports And Codecs

Bug Reports And Codecs Report BS.Player bugs here - help us to improve BS.Player even further.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 23rd February 2004
BS.Player Newbie

mrfrank is an unknown quantity at this point
Default traditional chinese subtitles bug?

Dear all,

as I previously posted in

http://forum.bsplayer.org/viewtopic.php?t=4151

I have a strange behaviour of subtitles when a chinese font is selected to show chinese subtitles in traditional chinese.

Basically, the problem is that some lines of the subtitles occasionally appear horizontally cut, because bsplayer goes to a new line at the previous line, even if it should not.
If I open the .srt files in Word, the subtitles all appear correctly. I also managed to show them correctly with directvobsub.
I noticed, by opening the .srt files in question, that at the lines where bsplayer shows the problem there isn't a line break, but still the line is broken in bsplayer at the show time...this makes me think that bsplayer is expecting a single line and allocates the space for that, but instead it displays two lines, as if there was a line break in the .srt file. Hence, the second line is only shown partially (cos it goes outside the subtitles box).

It must be a problem with the way bsplayer handles the chinses encoding, perhaps it makes some mistakes with particular combination of char codes.

If not, why is it that I can see the subtitles properly with directvobsub?

Please, my previous post was not considered at all. Can anybody tell me anything, please?

Francesco.

Tags
chinese, subtitles, traditional