Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Bug Reports And Codecs

Bug Reports And Codecs Report BS.Player bugs here - help us to improve BS.Player even further.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 24th May 2004
BS.Player Newbie

jc79 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Issue capturing appropriate frame

Hey all :)

I have done some thorough searches on the forum to find the answer to the issue i'm currently having with BSPlayer but having come up empty-handed, i'm caving in and posting.

I've only been using bsplayer for a couple of weeks now and was initially drawn to it for its ability to create still image captures from an avi file. The problem arises when I make the cap. Some frames capture as they should but more often than not, they capture 1 or 2 frames in front or back from the frame i'm actually trying to capture, thus, the captured frame is usually blurry and completely the wrong frame.

I pause the avi file (i'm tested the issue on a couple of files), step back and forth with the arrow keys until i find the perfect frame, press P. I then go into the directory where my caps are stored, check them one by one. I did some test capping, changing the various video rendering settings but that didn't seem to make any difference. I'm currently set on Forced RGB Overlay. I've also tried ticking and unticking the YV12 and YUY2 options under 'Convert captured images in software' but that has made no difference either.

I have no idea why it could be doing this. Any help would be most appreciated :)

Tags
capturing, frame, issue