Official BS.Player forums

Official BS.Player forums (http://forum.bsplayer.com/)
-   Bug Reports And Codecs (http://forum.bsplayer.com/bug-reports-codecs/)
-   -   Positioning subs doesn't work in overlay 1, subs on overlay? (http://forum.bsplayer.com/bug-reports-codecs/4706-positioning-subs-doesnt-work-overlay-1-subs-overlay.html)

patschut 31st May 2004 01:34 AM

Positioning subs doesn't work in overlay 1, subs on overlay?

Hi, to be able to see subs on my TV out, I need to set Bsplayer to overlaymode 1 and "draw subs to overlay surface". My problem is that in this mode the manual subs positioning doesn't work...I would like to have the subs below the movie instead of IN the movie. Not sure if this is a bug or if I'm doing something wrong.
If I don't draw the subs to the overlay surface the positioning works fine, but then I don't see them om my tv :?

for the rest, Great Player!!

PS I've tried version 805 and 808, they both have this problem. I also searched this forum, I found some posts with similar problems but not exactly like this...

chico-t 4th June 2004 10:18 PM

I have this problem too. Only with Overlay Mode 1. With other type of overlay I can place the text in the position I want. I've tried with version 086.501 and it works fine :O. The fact is that I need Overlay Mode 1 to watch the subtitles on TV. In addition, in full-screen mode, the subtitles are on the movie, and I want them to be below the movie (on the "black lines") so I can watch the full image without any text in it.

PD: Sorry for my bad English ;)

ZorMi 7th June 2004 07:11 AM

Re: Positioning subs doesn't work in overlay 1, subs on over

Quote:

Originally Posted by patschut
I found some posts with similar problems but not exactly like this...

I have this problem too (Radeon 7500, DirectX9b, WinXP...)

BSPeter 15th June 2004 10:05 PM

Check changes made in Version 1.00.809 (nightly build)
+ subtitle position will now also work when 'Draw subtitles to overlay surface option is checked'
:wink:

patschut 16th June 2004 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BSPeter
Check changes made in Version 1.00.809 (nightly build)
+ subtitle position will now also work when 'Draw subtitles to overlay surface option is checked'

Cool!! I'll check it out immediately! :lol:

edit: mmm, Positioning up works now, but positioning down still doesn't :(
I can't select a position below zero, so still can't move the subs to the black band below the movie...

BSPeter 16th June 2004 02:35 PM

Build 809 now available as full regular build
(= not only by way of a file-update as "nightly build")

patschut 16th June 2004 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BSPeter
Build 809 now available as full regular build
(= not only by way of a file-update as "nightly build")

In the regular build it's the same as in the nightly build...can't position the subs "below zero" in overlay. Hope that'll be fixed in build 810 :P

dduke 18th June 2004 06:56 AM

its nice i can move subs up in overlay mode now... but i always wanted to move them down lol. i dont want them even further into the middle of the screen. i want to at least get rid of the gap between the bottom of the screen and the bottom of the subs.

moving the subs into the black band while watching a 16:9 movie might be too much to ask at the moment. try using ffdshow, pat. there is a section called 'subtitles' in which you can have ffdshow convert the 16:9 movie into a 4:3 before it gets to bsplayer. this will make bsplayer put the subs in the black.

patschut 18th June 2004 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dduke
try using ffdshow, pat. there is a section called 'subtitles' in which you can have ffdshow convert the 16:9 movie into a 4:3 before it gets to bsplayer. this will make bsplayer put the subs in the black.

Yep, seems to work for now :) Thanks for the suggestion!
But still hope it'll be possible in BSplayer also in the near future, because I'd rather use the Xvid codec than the ffdshow filters. The Xvid codec seems to give me nicer image on my TV.