Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Bug Reports And Codecs

Bug Reports And Codecs Report BS.Player bugs here - help us to improve BS.Player even further.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 14th September 2004
BS.Player Newbie

kb80 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hallo.

I have the exact problem like above. Win98SE+all possible updates (except GDI+USER interface, because the updates are english, but windows is hungarian...), DirectX 9.0C, IE6SP1+cumulative patches, WMP 9+updates (some DLL's 'updated' manually, because installers run only on US WIN2k/XP only, but WMP 9 works perfectly). CPU celeron 400, Abit mainborrd, Intel 440 chipset, VGA S3TRIO3D. Latest ASPI drivers from Adaptec are instaled (4.71). Unfortunately the system was infected by a trojan, but it has been deleted. I run a program TaskInfo (www.iarsn.com), which monitors running processes and shows all treads, when BSPlayer starts up, it shows, too, but only one tread, using 100% CPU and 'hangs'. This problem affects more versions, tested with BSPlayer 1.02, 1.00 and 0.86.500. Previosly this computer had Win98 1rst edition, it was also virus (trojan) infected-disinfected, and still worked BSPlayer 0.86.500 and 1.0 (1.02 didn't exist yet). So I assume a rare BUG that only 'blocks' BSPlayer on some WIN98SE-config (or maybe on patched WIN98SE or WIN98SE with WMP9, I didn't test BSPlayer with WIN98SE w/o IE6 and WMP9, because generally I install these 'updates' immediately on a fresh WIN98SE.). I generelly run Total Commander, IE6, Getright, Advanced Disk Catalog, TaskInfo, Msn Messenger. On Win2000 and XP systems with these running programs BSPlayer works fine. I will later test those BSPlayer versions on WIN98SE with NVIDIA Geforce 2 MX 400 with actual updates...
Hopefully I could help in discussion. I'm looking for a workaround, I'm sure, there is at least one, because I ever watched films on WIN98SE with 0.86.500 and 1.0 RCx (Asus mainboard, Geforce 2 MX 400)
Old 9th October 2004
BS.Player Newbie

G Prime is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm also having the same problem. Even by just running the BSplayer installer causes enormous lag on my machine and once installed the player doesn't load and my system eventually freezes up.

I've had previous versions of BSplayer installed on my machine before and it worked perfectly. However I recently reformatted and downloaded all the microsoft critical updates, directx 9 and wmp9, and now am having said problem, with both my old version and the newest version.

I'm on 333mghz p2 with a Voodoo 3 card using win98. The only difference I can think of with my system status now and pre-format is that pre-format I was using wicked gl drivers but have since lost my registration key so I never re-installed them and as far as I can tell the wicked gl drivers were for games only but I don't know for sure. I hope the cause is identified soon.

Tags
starting