Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Bug Reports And Codecs

Bug Reports And Codecs Report BS.Player bugs here - help us to improve BS.Player even further.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 3rd August 2004
BS.Player Newbie

unionjacker is an unknown quantity at this point
Default BS player crashes when opening xvid movie file

It's back again. It seems everytime I do a fresh install of BSPLAYER then reboot it works nicely again. However after playing a few files of which I get audio synch probs when playing subtitles, the BS becomes unstable again.

Oddly enough the last movie it played before crashing is the only movie it will now play. It won't play any other movie, just one.

I know the fix for this is to uninstall, reinstall, reboot. But I'm getting tired of BS's problems with unstability. Media player is a much more reliable program, but not with the many features that BS offers obviously.

Personally all I want to use BS for is to be able to include the subtitles otherwise I'd stick to windows media player which has never crashed on me. I've had so many problems with BSplayers :evil: that I'm starting to call it BS.
Old 3rd August 2004
BS.Player Newbie

Default ERROR MESSAGE when opening an xvid movie

Forgot to include the error message and yes I'm using latest BS player. All codecs are current to. Xvid, ffdshow, AC3, ect...

BSplayer v1.00.810, Unhandled exception at EIP: 1000540A
If you click 'Close' application will be terminated.
Please report this info to the author with description what were you doing.
Floating point division by zero
EZeroDivide
, 0x0054149F, 0x0054169D, 0x0045554B, 0x0044C896, 0x77D43A50, 0x77D43B1F, 0x77D43D79, 0x77D44374, 0x00542FBD, 0x77E814C7

Bytes at EIP: DC 7C 24 18 DE F9 DA 44 24 2C E8 ED 91 01 00 89 44 24
Old 3rd August 2004
BS.Player Newbie

Default Error opening files fixed

Man is this darn BS player a load of BS. Too temperental and complicated. No wonder so many people having problems with this thing. Too many functions means too many problems.

Here's how I fixed the latest problem. Don't know how it got changed. But here's what I did.

I must have changed the aspect ratio to amorphic for when files loaded. Somehow this affected the program. I changed it back to keep original aspect, and all of a sudden my files played again. Although the darn subtitles were too far down and showing off screen, but there's an option to custom place your subtitles so I fixed it. BS player. What a pain in the ass.

Now one of my original full screen xvid movies is displaying up too big, which is the reason for the subtitles being too low. I changed the pan and scan to default, clicked yet again on original aspect ratio within the play list and now it's showing with black borders on the left and right.

Changing the screen resolution by right clicking on BS player has put it back to full screen with subtitles okay again. Enough for tonight. BS has way too many bugs. I'm going to bed. Someone Fix this BS.

There still remains the problem of audio video synch problems when loaded from playlist. Affecting this could be what screen aspect is used on the playlist. It gives you the option to select aspect ratio for each movie file in the playlist. But since BS is full of bugs and too temperemental I have a feeling this may cause problems. I'll try loading some movies again in the playlist with original aspect ratio left as is for every file on the playlist. Maybe then it won't look like a Japanese dubbed B movie.
Old 12th August 2004
BS.Player Newbie

WizardRahl is an unknown quantity at this point

I get this stupid error for like all the stuff I try to play and the bsplayer site doesn't link to earlier versions so there's no way to use bsplayer.

Tags
crashes, movie, opening, player, xvid