Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Bug Reports And Codecs

Bug Reports And Codecs Report BS.Player bugs here - help us to improve BS.Player even further.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11th February 2006
BS.Player Newbie

loco69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Blocking BSP on firewall = explorer.exe crash

I installed latest version of BSPlayer (1.37 b826, 11 Dec 2005) and all codecs updates (ffdshow, divx, xvid, mk4)

When I wanted to play a .wmv file, BSP asked me to connect to internet to update to latest codecs for that wmv file. I blocked all internet access for BSP in my firewall (NIS 2k6) and did not update.

After that, everytime I had opened BSPlayer (and played a movie) and explorer (not iexplorer) and used right click on any file, my explorer.exe crashed and reseted. Both programs opened at same time+right click on a file=crash.

After some days trying to figure out why I had so many crashes, I found what was causing it. I just unblocked BSPlayer internet access and got no more explorer.exe crashes.

I usually play avi files (divx or xvid) and my computer is a p4 2,8Ghz, ATI 9800PRO, 1Ghz ram.
Old 11th February 2006
BS.Player Master

Tizio will become famous soon enough

I think (it's only my humble opinion) that the problem doesn't resides in BSplayer (since I never had such a problem with WMV files), but in Windows Media Video codecs that for some reason wanted to update before playing the WMV file you opened in BSplayer.
Try to update Windoows Media Player to version 9 (or 10, if you have not yet do this) and see if the problem is fixed.
Old 13th February 2006
BS.Player Newbie

loco69 is an unknown quantity at this point

I already had WMP 10 before this happened.

My explorer.exe only crashes when I block BSPlayer on my software firewall and right click on any file while I have BSPlayer opened.
Old 13th February 2006
BS.Player Master

Tizio will become famous soon enough

Unfortunally I don't have Norton Firewall to try this behaviour, I use another Firewall and I have no issues with it.
BSplayer still tries to connect to my local address 0.0.0.0:80 when I use Pro feature "TV Tuner" but it could be that this is caused by a driver issue (I've not looked very much into this), but either if I deny or grant access to BSplayer, no other issues occour...

Does NIS tells you which address BSplayer tries to connect to? Can you tell me the exact message that you see when opening WMV files?

Thank you. Bye

Tags
blocking, crash, explorerexe, firewall