Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Bug Reports And Codecs

Bug Reports And Codecs Report BS.Player bugs here - help us to improve BS.Player even further.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 6th August 2006
BS.Player Newbie

Vargomad is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Please help with recently occurring problem

I am hoping someone can help me correct a minor oddity that has cropped up only recently since I had to change HDs.

Prior to the near crash of old HD I had no problems with my BS Player v. 137.826. Two weeks ago however I changed HD's and cloned my old HD onto the new one (using True Image) in order to avoid a full reinstall.

All other regularly used apps seem to function without any oddities, yet whenever I launch my BS Player, whether by double clicking a film file or launching the player from the desktop icon and choosing a film, I get a 0 byte folder entitled DOCUME~1 popping up wherever I happen to launch the player from (either on the desktop or in one of a number of film folders). The folder contains nothing but empty subfolders:

ADMIN~1
LOCALS~1
Temp
_BSPST$_
skinToi707

These folders do not disappear after the player is closed.

I have read that it is a hidden folder normally which should exist only in C://Documents and Settings/Administrator/Local Settings/Temp... but it does not appear there, only wherever I launch a video file.

I do not want to change my folder settings to hide folders as I had no such problem as this before my HD change with hidden folders visible.

Is there any setting either on the player or in Windows2K that I am unaware of which could end this niggling annoyance?

Thanks for all your help!

Sincerely,

Vargomad
Old 6th August 2006
BS.Player Newbie

I should add that I have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling BS Player several times and the problem persists.
Old 6th August 2006
BS.Player Master

Tizio will become famous soon enough

Usually those folders are created by BSplayer to unzip its skins (no other purpose)

You can try to use a different skin and see if something change (but I don't think so, since even if you use unzipped skins, as the Base one for example, those directories will be created anyway).
But you can still try to see what happens..

Are you using the desktop icon created by the program during the installation process or one created by yourself in a second moment? (I have to ask you this, even if I think you use the one created by BSplayer since you installed/uninstalled it several times..)

Can you try to uninstall it and reinstall it just one more time?
But this time also delete the BSplayer folder located under C:\Documents and Settings\USER_NAME\Application Data\ system dir.
Also make sure to delete also the registry entry: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\BST
(there should be a copy also in USERS sub paths)

It's a really an odd thing the one you experienced..I hope we'll find a solution to the problem :roll:
Old 7th August 2006
BS.Player Newbie

Well tried what you suggested and still have the same problem. I also find that I can play most .avi files on my machine but one particular .avi film will not begin running when loaded into BS Player. Works fine in VLC though.

Very odd and very annoying bugs since these problems only started since I changed HD's.

Any other thoughts?
Old 7th August 2006
BS.Player Master

Tizio will become famous soon enough

I don't really know what to think about :?
It's really an odd situation.. Is your system Windows XP?

Have you installed BSplayer in a disk different from C:?
I have no more installed Win2K and by searching the XP registry I have not found possible misunderstood values..

For the avi thing take a look at this post

Tags
occurring, recently