Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Bug Reports And Codecs

Bug Reports And Codecs Report BS.Player bugs here - help us to improve BS.Player even further.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 16th October 2006
BS.Player Newbie

simplifiedmotion is an unknown quantity at this point
Default some help please....

so i'm relatively new to bsplayer and the first few times i opened it and played something in it, all ways good. now when i open it the screen goes black and when it comes back it has changed the resolution to either really big or really small (which is extremely annoying) once i close it, the resolution changes back...
...and also, how can i watch like dvd's using bsplayer without saving them to my computer, or is that possible?
sorry for the questions, i'm sure they've been asked a million times but like i said, i'm new to bsplayer.
is it possible that this is just something to do with the settings or something?
Old 16th October 2006
BS.Player Master

Tizio will become famous soon enough
Default Re: some help please....

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplifiedmotion
when i open it the screen goes black and when it comes back it has changed the resolution to either really big or really small (which is extremely annoying) once i close it, the resolution changes back...
Probably you have setted the option to change resolution on start.
Open Preferences window (CTRL+P) than select General section. Just below the list of options you'll find "At start switch to", select No change and always should come back to normal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplifiedmotion
...and also, how can i watch like dvd's using bsplayer without saving them to my computer, or is that possible?
sorry for the questions, i'm sure they've been asked a million times but like i said, i'm new to bsplayer.
is it possible that this is just something to do with the settings or something?
With BS.Player free it's possible to play some DVD even if the support is not complete (no subtitles, no menus, no extra contents, ecc.). If you want to play it anyway (its VOBs, but since you already played them on your HDD probably you already know this), take a look at this post: http://www.bsplayer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6858

With BS.Player PRO you'll have full DVD support.
Old 16th October 2006
BS.Player Newbie

thank you :) i figured it had something to do with the settings!
Old 16th October 2006
BS.Player Newbie

actually i'm having another problem, on this computer that i'm using at the moment, it has bsplayer pro, and i'm making an attempt to watch a smallville box set heh but its not playing. the file type says its .ifo?? i know the discs are copy protected so i'm assuming thats why its not playing. i do however have the divx codecs and all of that great junk so shouldn't it still play? or am i just completely confused with this all.
its a little overwhelming heh, usually i can figure this stuff out so i'm sorry for asking so many questions but... yea i just can't figure this one out lol
Old 16th October 2006
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

DVDs are in MPEG2 format
DivX and XviD and all this stuff is for MPEG4 files.
DVDs can be played only with a registered version of BSPlayer. Normally if you have an dvd decripter you should be able to play the dvd.
Old 17th October 2006
BS.Player Master

Tizio will become famous soon enough

You should also be able to reproduce copy protected DVDs if your PRO version is registered (but you still need an MPEG2 decoder..)

I didn't mentioned MPEG2 in the previous post since you said you were able to play VOB files, thus an MPEG2 decoder is available on your system (if you are using the same system you used before :roll: ).
If it's the same system, can you post the filters used by BSplayer to decode the VOB files? (open a VOB file with BSplayer -> right-click on BSPlayer -> Options -> Filters -> Advanced)

If you need an MPEG2 decoder, follow the sticky link "adicoto's list of codecs", there you'll find 3 of them (I suggest you Elecard decoder)