Official BS.Player forums

Official BS.Player forums (http://forum.bsplayer.com/)
-   Bug Reports And Codecs (http://forum.bsplayer.com/bug-reports-codecs/)
-   -   Can't share BSI file on LAN if it contains the DefaultSub. (http://forum.bsplayer.com/bug-reports-codecs/831-cant-share-bsi-file-lan-if-contains-defaultsub.html)

xlv600 14th January 2003 02:49 AM

Can't share BSI file on LAN if it contains the DefaultSub.

-- edited 01/14 23:56 --

Please BST, can you watch this? :roll:
I know this issue since VobSub v2.18 and BSPlayer build 488, but it still remains with current Vobsub v2.23 and BSPlayer v0.86

In fact this issue is not new, but it has never been addressed. :?

The issue is that I can only run BSL or AVI files thru the LAN. If I try to run BSI files that contain a DefaultSub value, with VobSub, I get: *Unhandled Exception*

Why I want to use BSI ? :?
About all my movies are DivX3 to DivX5.02 with 1 or 2 mp3 audio stream and about half of them have RAR-ed vobsubs.
All of them have chapters definition into the BSI file, so when loading an AVI I miss the chapters definition, and can't load the cbf file. The BSI file let me specify the movie Title and the audio streams Name too.

And why on LAN ? :P
What's great at home, is that everybody can watch the 230 movies located on 3 HD of my PC on his own computer thru the LAN, or on the main TV. I even share them with a neighbour thru a Wireless link. I've gathered all my movies collection in a single Excel file (thanks to Tatif69 Avicodec), and written macros so that when a film is selected, a dialog box showing the Cover and Description pops up. And 2 buttons let Leave or Run the movie... with BSPlayer of course.

My BSI file definitions for movies with vobsubs always contains:
[SUBTITLES]
Directory=.
Sub1=Film.idx
DefaultSub=0
(last 3 lines are commented out if no vobsubs are available)
The purpose here is to run the movie with no subtitles

Log file
For instance for a Movie named Film.avi located in the Lan directory \\MyPC\Disk1\010\ , looking at the log of a debug version, I can see mainly:
FileOpen..OK
Trying to load subtitles$ns$.txt
Trying to load subtitles(None)\$ns$.txt
..Subtitles found. Loading...FileOpen OK
OK
Load lang
GetFDC..OK
Adding subtitle: \\MyPC\Disk1\010\\MyPC\Disk1\010\Movie.idx,
*Unhandled Exception*
EIP: 00411862
List index out of bounds (-1)
EListError
(of course EIP value depends on the BSPlay version)

What works...
Locally, both AVI and BSI work great. And on the LAN, if the DefaultSub line is commented out or missing, the movie is played OK, and instead of the Exception, the log go ahead and show:
SubDelay: 0
StartTime: 0

If, overlay mode fails to work, it seems that the BSI file assignement are ignored and AVI is loaded instead.

Subtitles selection fails too:
Once loaded thru a BSI file, the list of vobsub subtitles are not properly displayed, several streams are checked, some of them are blank. They can't be selected thru key assignements, but other methods remain: The vobsub property sheet or the movie contextual menu on right-click.