Official BS.Player forums

Official BS.Player forums (http://forum.bsplayer.com/)
-   Bug Reports And Codecs (http://forum.bsplayer.com/bug-reports-codecs/)
-   -   Codec management (http://forum.bsplayer.com/bug-reports-codecs/9071-codec-management.html)

adicoto 14th October 2008 05:54 AM

Codec management
 
OK, just installed latest PRO build. Before finishing, codec manager tested installed codecs on my computer and decided I need:

- MPEG2 decoder (Elecard MPEG2 decoder installed and working fine)
- FLV (yeap, I don't have it)
- Haali media splitter (Gabest installed and working OK)

So, because I didn't want to install all 3 of them, I tried to uncheck some of them. No succes, first you must say if you want to install or not (window with focus). And when I said NO, window was gone. And...I'm still looking for codec download window. Yeap, should have said Yes this time ;)

Tizio 14th October 2008 04:45 PM

When I installed it, it told me I need MPEG2 decoder (I have Elecard MPEG2 trial installed and working)
Anyway if you want to run codec manager again, you can start the "bspcodecdl.exe" executable located in BSplayer installation dir ;)

adicoto 14th October 2008 06:20 PM

Thank you for the tip.
So, if you want to download and install FFDshow, you are directed to an old, old build (beta build 2033 :( ) from may 2008. The link to the site it's to FFDshow tryouts and not for regular FFDshow, wich is at build:

FFDShow 2008-10-10 (rev. 2202) was compiled by drevil_xxl using GCC 4.1.1 (libavcodec.dll & libmplayer.dll), FFDShow 2008-10-12 (rev. 2210) MMX* was compiled by clsid using ICL9 while FFDShow 2008-10-10 (rev. 2202) SSE** was also compiled by clsid using ICL9.

Placio74 15th October 2008 06:10 AM

Quote:

... old, old build (beta build 2033 :( ) from may 2008. ...
rev2033 = stable beta from 2008-07-05.


Quote:

... The link to the site it's to FFDshow tryouts and not for regular FFDshow, wich is at build:

FFDShow 2008-10-10 (rev. 2202) was compiled by drevil_xxl using GCC 4.1.1 (libavcodec.dll & libmplayer.dll), FFDShow 2008-10-12 (rev. 2210) MMX* was compiled by clsid using ICL9 while FFDShow 2008-10-10 (rev. 2202) SSE** was also compiled by clsid using ICL9.
No. It's SVN builds (also known as night builds) from sourceforge (ffdshow tryouts project).

adicoto 15th October 2008 12:55 PM

Yeap, my mistake. I believed that FFDshow it's still alive but seems I was wrong. I haven't visited SF's ffdshow page since long time ago as I don't use it. So, as you are a great FFDshow fan, I think you know better wich build is OK and probably BSPlayer team have selected the same build as you.

adicoto 29th October 2008 03:42 AM

Edited by BSPeter: note I moved previous post from this thread: http://bsplayer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13332

The file was in a multi-volume archive and of course, it played correctly after opening the archive. Now, someone cam move this post from bug reports to fun stuf, as the file was MP4 and I use Gabest MP4 splitter. Even if Haali it's installed on my system, it's used only for MKV not for MP4, AVI and so.

Still, from my point of view, it seems that BSPlayer is somehow forcing us now to use Haali.

BSPeter 29th October 2008 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adicoto
Now, someone cam move this post from bug reports to fun stuf

IMHO not really fun-stuff. Therefore moved to "General discussions" instead.
:wink:

adicoto 30th October 2008 05:01 AM

So, you should have split the thread, as just the picture it's good for fun stuff. The error remains, BSPlayer asked for a filter (MP4 Splitter) even if the splitter was installed on the system. More than that, the file played correctly after extracting the file from the archive. IMHO this is still a bug. :wink:
Second, the first part of the thread was related to another subject.

BSPeter 30th October 2008 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adicoto
So, you should have split the thread, as just the picture it's good for fun stuff. The error remains, BSPlayer asked for a filter (MP4 Splitter) even if the splitter was installed on the system. More than that, the file played correctly after extracting the file from the archive. IMHO this is still a bug. :wink:
Second, the first part of the thread was related to another subject.

OK, did so and moved main thread back to bugs-section!
:wink:

adicoto 30th October 2008 10:06 PM

Thank you...again ;)

BSPeter 30th October 2008 11:40 PM

You're welcome.
:wink:


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:31 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Ad Management plugin by RedTyger


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20