Official BS.Player forums

Official BS.Player forums (http://forum.bsplayer.com/)
-   Bug Reports And Codecs (http://forum.bsplayer.com/bug-reports-codecs/)
-   -   BS.Player keeps freezing on Vista (30 Oct 2008) (http://forum.bsplayer.com/bug-reports-codecs/9091-bs-player-keeps-freezing-vista-30-oct-2008-a.html)

buraq01 31st October 2008 01:13 AM

BS.Player keeps freezing on Vista (30 Oct 2008)

Please help me, I'm going crazy. I'm using BS.Player 2.32 with K-lite Mega Codec Pack on Windows Vista. I can play any video file I want with BS.Player but when it ends the application just freezes. I'm sick of going to Task Manager to terminate the application anytime a video ends. Please tell me, is there anything wrong with codecs? The setup of 2.32 checked the codecs and I have them all. If I can't find any solution, I'm gonna have to go back to version 2.28.

adicoto 31st October 2008 03:04 AM

I can also confirm a lot of freezes with the last build but on XP. It may be related to BSPlayer or to codecs. I am still tracking the cause.

BSPeter 31st October 2008 02:00 PM

XP SP2 or 3?
:wink:

adicoto 31st October 2008 08:00 PM

SP3

buraq01 31st October 2008 10:04 PM

Mine is Vista SP1. Rendering mode is "Internal renderer DirectDraw Surface". Is this compatible with Vista? What rendering mode should I switch to? (I don't wanna lose the Aero while I'm watching)

adicoto 31st October 2008 11:30 PM

For Vista, best is EVR mode.

buraq01 31st October 2008 11:57 PM

Subtitles are awful in EVR.

andygr 3rd November 2008 05:10 PM

I do have the same problems with the freeze at the end of a movie. I'm on XP SP3 and use different codecs as buraq01. The problem is releated to the actual user account rights. In short: using admin rights = no freeze at all. Limited user = freezes always at the end of a .mkv movie. The movie must be of a certain size say >1GB = some HD TV shows will do. And you need to sit trough the whole thing. Just ctrl-j to the end will not produce the hang. This happens even if you install bsp into %appdata% (installation option) or give write permission to the 3 files bsp usually writes to.

adicoto 3rd November 2008 07:37 PM

Strange, I have full rights over my computer and still freezing ;)

andygr 4th November 2008 09:48 PM

:cry: yep right. Got the first freeze with admin rights. So I'm back on square one.

meitricsu 18th November 2008 01:13 PM

Same problem

Same problem, but on XP SP3, so it is not related to Vista only. It freezes at the end of the film, when it ends and I have to use Task manager to close Bsplayer, which already appears at "Not responding". Is there any workaround?
And yes, I do have admin rights on the system. I alse have K-lite Mega Codecs Pack installed and the 2.32 build 975 version of BSPLayer.

sjm 8th April 2009 03:58 PM

But how can I get the EVR mode?

adicoto 8th April 2009 04:55 PM

EVR mode can be used under Windows Vista. For that, you must go to options -> preferences -> video and on the right side you have a TAB named video rendering. There you can select EVR.

krakjen 26th May 2009 09:52 PM

I have the same issue. Xp Sp3 here, using internal renderer RGB mode.
To add a little more information, this bug appeared after upgrading from version 2.30 970.
If I downgrade to it again, the bug disappear, but any newer version will have it (I tested them all).

krakjen 24th July 2009 04:59 AM

So.. no news about this?
(adding more information, the only codecs I installed are CCCP and the problem is still there with version 2.43 pro)

Edit: tried replacing Haali with Gabest splitter, but the bug is still there.

(The most annoying part of this bug this is that it also disables the screen saver when bsplayer freezes)

krakjen 31st August 2009 03:52 PM

By the way, are the developers aware of this bug?
It would be nice to have some official reply.

krakjen 31st October 2009 01:38 PM

Bug still present with version 2.50 (RGB mode/directdraw surface) under Windows 7.

Shadow_Fi 1st November 2009 10:10 PM

I can confirm that Freezing is still with us. Using 2.50 + Windows 7. Which version of Windows Vista/7 or BsPlayer doesnt matter. It always had this freezing problem. I had no chance to fix it. I did reinstall OS, maybe for 20X times, Vista, then 7... Used different codecs and filters... BsPlayer has lazy programmers, and their programming skills are poor? True or not i dont know, but i know that Ive been useing BsPlayer since year 1999, I am true user of BsPlayer and these freezing bugs really sucks... All i want is working EVR+FFDSHOW+ACFilter combination with BsPlayer. Too imposible?

CsorvaGep 1st February 2010 06:17 PM

I have the same problem. Any solutions?

Ico-man 3rd February 2010 04:02 PM

Did you try latest 2.51.1022?

rats 31st March 2010 01:10 PM

i have been watching this thread for quite some time now. I am using version 2.52, build 1030 and i am getting the same error. Not all the time, but the majority of times. After having to forcely kill the app, the next time I run it, the subtitles font size changes. This only happens when using Internal Renderer DirectDraw surface. I am using that rendering method because I like how the text looks (HUD, subtitles) and the fact that I can move the subtitles in the black bar (i can't seem to figure out how the fuck do i move them in black bar with other rendering methods).

i already started using other apps on other machines because of this problem.

also, w7 ultimate, 32bits, xp codec pack

BSPeter 31st March 2010 01:56 PM

XP codec pack ?? :eek:
Anyhow: If I'm informed correctly best "Rendering mode" for w7 is EVR.
(rightclick >) Options > Preferences > Video > [Video rendering]
Further: did you try "Use new subtitle parser/renderer " respectively "Enable drawing subtitles under image with EVR renderer"?
(rightclick >) Options > Preferences > Subtitles [Subtitle properties]
:wink:
P.S.: Build 1031 is out already.

rats 1st April 2010 10:44 AM

Well, thanks for the alternative. It works. But I still need a solution.

BSPeter 1st April 2010 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rats (Beitrag 41266)
... It works. But I still need a solution.

A solution for what?
:confuse:

mishec 4th February 2011 08:52 PM

Same trouble here, usind Direct Draw Surface...
EVR is not a solution, because in my case it make OSD font big and it looks really awful on a fullscreen - in a window its fine, maximizing it to a fullscreen makes OSD font bigger and really ugly.
Same thing with subs - in a small window, subs are small, in a fullscreen mode, they are resized - not as a text, but as a image..

So using EVR makes all the fonts bigger AND bad looking. I i had too choose, id keep direct draw surface, however its less annoying than ugly fonts... :)

W7 Ultimate 32 bit, BSP pro 2.57 - had this problem with all the versions, K-Lite codec pack. Happens only at the end of the video.
TNX