Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions

Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions Post your suggestions and feature requests here, what would you like to use in BS.Player. Any feedback is appreciated and will be reviewed by our team.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 18th April 2010
BS.player Regular User

psycho-player is on a distinguished road
Default Make BS.Player support embedded subtitles.

It would be nice if BS.Player would support embedded subtitles with it's own subtitle renderer, so no vsfilter/vobsub would be required!

This feature would especially come in handy with HD .mkv files that also include subtitles, which can now only be used if one has vsfilter/vobsub enabled. But that brakes DxVA support and that sucks.
Old 19th April 2010
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

By default, BSPlayer plays embedded subtitles, especially in HD MKVs. Which build are you running ?
Old 19th April 2010
BS.player Regular User

That's weird. I have the latest (well almost) build - 2.52 Build 1031. If I disable vsfilter/vobsub, I get the folowing error:

Old 20th April 2010
BS.player Regular User

Can anybody please help me with this?

I would appreciate it.
Old 21st April 2010
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

Strange having a vobsub subtitle inside an MKV container. On topic, do you use old subtitle rendering engine or the new one ? (options -> preferences -> subtitles )
Old 21st April 2010
BS.player Regular User

Yes, every now and then, I get .mkv file that has VobSub subtitles embedded.

I am using the old subtitle renderer. I don't really know what the differences are, but I would be glad if someone could explain them to me - it can be very technical and with all the details, as I'm very perceptible with computer stuff.

Anyway, now that you mentioned this, I have also tried to switch to the new subtitle renderer and the only difference is, that I don't get the beforementioned error message anymore, still, I get no subtitles. BS.Player shows that they are enabled, it even gives me the option to chose between different languages and all, but subtitles just don't show.

I have also tried all my .mkv archive and the ones that don't include embedded VobSub subtitles, do work totally OK with BS.Player - no vsfilter/vobsub needed... still it would be nice if BS.Player could support embedded VobSub subtitles too, as I have mentioned - that enables DxVA then and this is becoming more and more important with HD content being more and more present each day.
Old 4th May 2010
BS.player Regular User

I'm going to propose something a bit different this time and I thought I should use this thread instead of starting a new one.

Besides BS.Player supporting embedded VobSub subtitles it would be awesome if it would support embedded XSUB subtitles, which can for now only be played with the "official" DivX Player. That would rock! Is it doable?

Tags
embedded, make, subtitles, support