Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions

Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions Post your suggestions and feature requests here, what would you like to use in BS.Player. Any feedback is appreciated and will be reviewed by our team.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 6th January 2016
BS.Player Newbie

LukeMatt is on a distinguished road
Default "Rate subtitle"dialog box

For the first time today, the “Rate subtitle” dialog box appeared (probably because I watched the video to the end rather than exiting as soon as the significant content finished). The “Rate subtitle” dialog box is an excellent idea, but its implementation is horrendous.

1. It should contain a memo field where we can write actual errors in the subtitles. When we click “Submit” the contents of the memo field should be forwarded to creator of the subtitles file, to the provider of the subtitles file (e.g. bsplayer-subtitles.com), or to a group of people who can update the subtitles file.

See the “Ratings” feature in µTorrent for an example of stars and a memo field for comments.

2. We should be able to display the “Rate subtitle” dialog box manually at any time as we watch the video, not just automatically at the end of the video. The dialog box should remember what we have previously entered into it for this specific subtitles file.

3. A 30-second timer on the “Rate subtitle” dialog box? Seriously? Why? (timers belong in 1980s video games)

4. For one video, I clicked on the fifth star, and the “Rate subtitle” dialog box automatically submitted my rating. It should only submit my ratings information when I click on the “Submit” button.

5. When the “Rate subtitle” dialog box displayed the first time, I simply clicked on the “X” in the top right corner to cancel the dialog box.

Later, I wanted to display the “Rate subtitle” dialog box to actually specify a rating. I restarted the video and jumped to a minute before the end. When the video finished, the “Rate subtitle” dialog box did NOT display again.

I restarted the video and watched the whole video this time. Again, the “Rate subtitle” dialog box did NOT display.

The condition that triggers the “Rate subtitle” dialog box should NOT be hidden from users. More specifically, we should be able to display the “Rate subtitle” dialog box manually at any time as we watch the video AND the “Rate subtitle” dialog box should display automatically at the end of the video EVERY time.

6. We should be able to select ½ star values (for example, 3½ stars), not only whole star values.

See Rotten Tomatoes user reviews for a ratings system that allows ½ star values.

7. In the “Rate subtitle” dialog box, we should be able to toggle back and forth between less options and more options (e.g. IMDB ID, Title, etc.). At present, less options displays initially, we can select more options, but we cannot return to less options.
Old 17th February 2016
BS.Support
BS.Player Power User

Ico-man is on a distinguished road

Your suggestions were noted, thank you. We will see what we can do.

Tags
box, rate subtitledialog