Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions

Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions Post your suggestions and feature requests here, what would you like to use in BS.Player. Any feedback is appreciated and will be reviewed by our team.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11th January 2004
BS.Player Newbie

SearchFor is an unknown quantity at this point
Default non stop multi file/disc playback

imagine, you have just sat down to watch your favorite 3 file/CD Divx/Xvid for example, cued it up in a play list ready to go... an hour or so passes... you are enjoying the DVD quailty rip and 5.1(you have the speakers?-lucky you) and then BAM. the whole film is paused for around five seconds whilst the next file is cued up to play. isn't that annoying!

what i want to see, as do may ppl i know of is uninterupted playback in this situation.

it can theorticaly be done by using a buffer 50mb from the end of a file. having a low priority thread then to open the next file in the playlist and maybe begin the decoding read for whent the 50MB has finished decoding. i don't know how hard it would be to implement tho!

why 50mb? because of all those "CD based collection" ppl. so when the 50MB buffer at the end of a file is filled the CD tray is ejected ready for the next CD/file in playlist.

this definaly one of those "disabled by default" things which can be enabled let say when a file is in the playlist

this is also one of those KILLER features that you can show off to your friends/put in feature list.
Old 21st January 2004
BS.player Regular User

Darkvater is an unknown quantity at this point

My movies only pause for about 1 second orso. Get a new pc or some faster HD's :)
Old 22nd January 2004
BS.Player Newbie

SearchFor is an unknown quantity at this point

you find even one second acceptable? you have quite low standards. for me just one second in a film distracts from the action, drama or feeling the director intended. ask any director worth his salt if he would find it acceptable for a forced break in the action in the middle of his movie.

also five seconds, does this sound feasable?
LEARN-
hy?per?bo?le

Pronunciation: (hI-p?±r'bu-lE), [key]
?n. Rhet.
1. obvious and intentional exaggeration.
2. an extravagant statement or figure of speech not intended to be taken literally, as ?to wait an eternity.? Cf. litotes.
Old 18th February 2004
BS.Player Newbie

davor_p is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't think any director intended for his flicks to be played on more than one media ;-)
Buy the bloody flick on a dvd! :roll:
(joking...)
Other than that not a bad suggestion.
Old 20th February 2004
BS.Player Newbie

jason601 is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree, this would be a nice feature.

In the meantime, just join multi-part AVI's with VirtualDub. It only takes a couple of minutes, then you can watch without interuption.

Don't use any of those crappy shareware programs such as AVI Joiner, that don't work properly.

Here's a guide on how to join AVI's properly with VirtualDub.
http://nickyguides.digital-digest.co...-split-avi.htm
Old 2nd March 2004
BS.player Regular User

private is an unknown quantity at this point

just the gapless playback from HD by using the playlist would be a terrific thing to implement and would definitely put BSPlayer on top of any other players.

the 50mb buffer from CD would be even more awesome!

have been waiting for this for quite a long time already...

------------------------------------------

a little offtopic info...

if anyone is interested, I have made a little proggy that automatically puts CD1, CD2, CD3 and so on into a playlist, when you open the first CD1 file. for example:

Memento.2000.DVDRip.XviD.AC3.5.1CH.CD1-DDC.avi
Memento.2000.DVDRip.XviD.AC3.5.1CH.CD2-DDC.avi

you open the first file... and voila! both are in the playlist.

also works for episodes. e.g:

Futurama.S02E09.A_Bicyclops_Built_For_Two.frankysan.ShareReactor. ogm
Futurama.S02E10.A_Clone_Of_My_Own.frankysan.ShareReactor.ogm
Futurama.S02E11.How_Hermes_Requisitioned_His_Groove_Back.frankysa n.ShareReactor.ogm

double click first file and you have all 3.

essentially, the program creates a bsl file in temp dir and opens it. when it doesn't find any following files (cd2...) then it opens the avi file directly in bsplayer. simple!

you can find the latest version on this page - http://www.hot.ee/reameez/bsplayer/
I haven't made an english page yet, but the download link is pretty clear :)

note: you have to remove bsplayer auto-association: http://www.hot.ee/reameez/bsplayer/register.gif

if it still doesn't work, right-click avi file in explorer, choose Open With -> Choose program and then choose BSPlayerStarter and "Always open". see this pic: http://www.hot.ee/reameez/bsplayer/openwith.gif
Old 4th March 2004
BS.Player Newbie

milowg is an unknown quantity at this point

Someone pointed me to this thread from another similar one I started.

I need this feature because I record TV shows and the recordings get up to 10gigs each, which means in order to play them I need to split them into 2gig files.

So basically, even if I wanted to join them together and play them, I can't. That's why this feature is a MUST for me. I am going to start looking at other players to see if any of them do this. Does anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks!
Old 5th March 2004
BS.Player Newbie

jason601 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by milowg
Someone pointed me to this thread from another similar one I started.

I need this feature because I record TV shows and the recordings get up to 10gigs each, which means in order to play them I need to split them into 2gig files.

So basically, even if I wanted to join them together and play them, I can't. That's why this feature is a MUST for me. I am going to start looking at other players to see if any of them do this. Does anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks!
Try Zoom Player

Tags
multi, playback, stop