Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions

Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions Post your suggestions and feature requests here, what would you like to use in BS.Player. Any feedback is appreciated and will be reviewed by our team.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 31st January 2004
BS.Player Newbie

kea is an unknown quantity at this point
Default vobsub in matroska files

mkvmerge can now mux vobsub subtitles in matroska files, but it seems that's not supported with bsplayer. As bsplayer already support vobsub and matroska, I guess it wouldn't be too hard to support vobsub IN matroska file.

Kea
Old 6th March 2004
BS.player Regular User

iradic is an unknown quantity at this point

i would also like that...
Old 7th March 2004
BS.Player Newbie

allamala is an unknown quantity at this point

Well I think BSPlayer has already the feature to make vobsub unnecessary so why not use the built-in subtitle displaying? As far as i can judge it the Bsplayer subtitling has all features directvobsub has and even more ( color and font changes don't seem to be displayed in directvonsub ) and furthermore direct vob sub does not appear to be updated anymore...so if there are any problems with displaying subtitles you should report them, if there aren't then I'd love to know why you don't use the subtitle displaying that BSPlayer provides...after all I see no point why BSPlayer should add support that old piece of software called vobsub for newer files. To my mind a good media player needs as few additional programs as possible...and BSPlayer can already display subtitles so...
I'm not saying you shouldn't request such things, I'm not judging if this is anything worthy to be implemented, it's all up to the programmer anyways. I'm just mentioning it because I'd love to know what the subtitle displaying of BSPlayer lacks, or if you only don't realize that BSplayer can perfectly display the subtitles and you don't need direct vobsub.
Old 8th March 2004
BS.player Regular User

iradic is an unknown quantity at this point

1) why cant I disable vobsub in bsplayer then?
2) vobsub looks better for me
3) easier to rip subs from dvd
Old 23rd March 2004
BS.Player Power User

xlv600 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well allamala, if you did take a look at Zone 2 DVD subtitles, you would see arabic, chinese or hebrew languages that can't be handled with common fonts. Vobsub can manage them as it treats subtitles as bitmaps. Vobsub needs no character recognition process to get subtitles, so it's easy to rip and always clean (but sometimes big).
BSPlayer only support textual subtitles and needs dvobsub filter to handle bitmap subtitles.

Gabest's Media Player Classic (now v6.4.8.0) can make use of DVobsub to process subtitles embedded in all my OGM and MKV movies.
BSPlayer can do it for MKV (if no embedded chapter information) but not for OGM.

Tags
matroska, vobsub