Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions

Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions Post your suggestions and feature requests here, what would you like to use in BS.Player. Any feedback is appreciated and will be reviewed by our team.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 26th October 2004
BS.player Regular User

provolino is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NEXT VER SUGGESTION: Better playing for incomplete avi files

in the 1.02, bsplayer plays incomplete avi files but it's very slow and sometimes it needs to read all the file before starting to play... seeking also is very slow
Is it possible to integrate better playing engine like AviPreview (the best for incomplete avi IMHO)?
Whit the same file AP works like a charm, playing is immediate and seeking is very fast too...
In addiction you can play the file while you're downloading it....

Just a suggestion.
Old 26th October 2004
BS.player Regular User

Dennis_Olof is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How about this

Hi.

Every player has problems with incomplet files.

However the best way to pre-view a avi file or say if you download 30mb of a avi file, just pause or cancel the download, copy the file, resume donwload they use DivX Fix or something like that, they you can pre-view the file.

It's becaus the program need to rebuild the index of the file, that is why searching and skipping etc is extremly slow if the file is not correct or incomplet.

I think there are other programs out there.

I would rather not see this function in bsplayer since it is a good thing so that when playback is slow, you can suspect the file is damaged (even though I doo check all my files that I download anyway)

Tags
avi, incomplete, playing, suggestion, ver