Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions

Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions Post your suggestions and feature requests here, what would you like to use in BS.Player. Any feedback is appreciated and will be reviewed by our team.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 15th May 2005
BS.player Regular User

kevingpo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RealAlt more support pls :S

Just wondering who are the author(s)/programmers of Real Alternative? I really like to use Real Alt. with BSplayer (just like the old days) because I just like BSplayer's borderless video screen and able to resize it using wheel-mouse-scroller.

I notice that the older RealAlt versions work fine with BSplayer, however it doesn't play the new Real formats (just standard old ones). But the latest versions of RealAlt don't work with BSplayer now.

I take it that's why there's always new releases of RealAlt - whenever newer Real codecs get released, a newer version of RealAlt gets released?

Please please could the author(s)/programmers of RealAlt bring back support for BSplayer please.
Old 15th May 2005
BS.player Regular User

The last version of RealAlt that works with any BSplayer I believe was RealAlt 1.30. Any RealAlt version higher than 1.30 will crash any version of BSplayer.

However, can't seem to play the new Real media formats. Can play the old Real files fine, just not the new Real formats. (I can play some Real files and some I cannot play - using RealAlt standalone).

How does one find out about the Real media format of a file? I tried using Gspot but it didn't give me much details.
Old 15th May 2005
BS.player Regular User

iradic is an unknown quantity at this point

RealMedia Analyzer
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=55392
try this but i dont know if it works without realplayer installed

MediaInfo
http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/
MediaInfo supplies technical and tag information about a video or audio file
This is a free software : free of charge, and free for access to source code
Old 12th August 2005
BS.Player Newbie

ww220 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have the latest real alternative 1.43. And it works with bsplayer 1.000.810.

Also Real Alt 1.43 doesn't crash bsplayer 1.32 on my laptop. Only that the video is messed up, squeezed to the left-side 1/3 of the screen and looks like binary color display. Sounds is OK though.

So now I could play all rmvb files in bsplayer 1.000.810. Don't have any other versions in between. ;-(
Old 12th August 2005
BS.player Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ww220
I have the latest real alternative 1.43. And it works with bsplayer 1.000.810.

Also Real Alt 1.43 doesn't crash bsplayer 1.32 on my laptop. Only that the video is messed up, squeezed to the left-side 1/3 of the screen and looks like binary color display. Sounds is OK though.

So now I could play all rmvb files in bsplayer 1.000.810. Don't have any other versions in between. ;-(
What did I tell ya.

Do you still have the original .zip .exe installation file of BS Player 1.000.810? BSPlayer haven't done an update for awfully long time....

Tags
pls, realalt, support