Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions

Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions Post your suggestions and feature requests here, what would you like to use in BS.Player. Any feedback is appreciated and will be reviewed by our team.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 1st September 2005
BS.Player Newbie

outcastray is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Play List, Subtitles, and Transparency

For the Play List, can we get an option to save a Play List? I often play music vids with this.

With all items in a play list or as a default option, can we get an option to have Subtitles turned off? I watch a lot of anime, and some .ogg files have both english & japanese subs and dubs. We can keep the audio stream but not the subtitle selection (from my knowledge).

Transparency request is an iffy. I love playing BS Player with music vids while I play games in windowed mode, or when just browsing or whatever. I use the borderless for a better look, but I'm looking for an option to make the vid itself to be somewhat transparent. Vid itself is usually shrunk pretty small.

Also 1 last request. Can we have an option that makes it so when you click on the vid itself it doesn't bring up the controls window unless you perhaps shift click?
Old 1st September 2005
BS.Player Newbie

Meglivorn is an unknown quantity at this point

Real .ssa subtitle support, I BEG you!
There are more and more hdtv releases and with .ssa subtitles in the .mkv format... And only the mpc plays it well, but it ate +20-30% of CPU...

I love the BSplayer much more but this is annoying.
Please! Pretty please, SSA SUPPORT!!!!
Old 1st September 2005
BS.Player Master

Tizio will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by outcastray
For the Play List, can we get an option to save a Play List? I often play music vids with this.
You can Save your playlist by following these steps:
1. Open the Playlist (ALT+E)
2. In the bottom-right corner click on the "List" button
3. Then select the option you prefer between "Save to file" and "Save to file (relative paths)..."
4. Now choose if save the plylist in Text or Internal format

Quote:
With all items in a play list or as a default option, can we get an option to have Subtitles turned off? I watch a lot of anime, and some .ogg files have both english & japanese subs and dubs. We can keep the audio stream but not the subtitle selection (from my knowledge).
You can't set default subtitle for each movie, but you can set default subtitle stream for ALL your movie in "Subtitles" preferences (CTRL+P -> Subtitles -> Default subtitle/subtitle language).
Note that this option doesn't work for everybody :?

Quote:
Also 1 last request. Can we have an option that makes it so when you click on the vid itself it doesn't bring up the controls window unless you perhaps shift click?
To not show controls when you click your mouse, simply UN-check the "Show main window on single click" option in "General" Preferences (CTRL+P then General).
To show/hide the control window simply press the 'H' keyboard button (this works even if you are not in fullscreen mode)
Old 1st September 2005
BS.Player Newbie

flcl00 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meglivorn
Real .ssa subtitle support, I BEG you!
There are more and more hdtv releases and with .ssa subtitles in the .mkv format... And only the mpc plays it well, but it ate +20-30% of CPU...

I love the BSplayer much more but this is annoying.
Please! Pretty please, SSA SUPPORT!!!!
Take a look at this thread, http://forum.bsplayer.org/viewtopic.php?t=7094m ...i'm asking for the same.
Old 3rd September 2005
BS.Player Newbie

outcastray is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tizio
Quote:
You can Save your playlist by following these steps:
1. Open the Playlist (ALT+E)
2. In the bottom-right corner click on the "List" button
3. Then select the option you prefer between "Save to file" and "Save to file (relative paths)..."
4. Now choose if save the plylist in Text or Internal format

Quote:
You can't set default subtitle for each movie, but you can set default subtitle stream for ALL your movie in "Subtitles" preferences (CTRL+P -> Subtitles -> Default subtitle/subtitle language).
Note that this option doesn't work for everybody :?

Quote:
To not show controls when you click your mouse, simply UN-check the "Show main window on single click" option in "General" Preferences (CTRL+P then General).
To show/hide the control window simply press the 'H' keyboard button (this works even if you are not in fullscreen mode)
1. Ah yes the List option was right in front of me. Just kept ignoring it.
2. Going to leave subtitle option alone. Too many anime have their own selection. its easier keeping it at default.
3. Removing "Show main window on single click" doesn't work. It does if its Full Screen which is pretty pointless. Found the answer. This too was right in front of me. Just press 'H' for hide.

Tags
list, play, subtitles, transparency