Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions

Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions Post your suggestions and feature requests here, what would you like to use in BS.Player. Any feedback is appreciated and will be reviewed by our team.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 21st October 2005
BS.Player Power User

trodas is an unknown quantity at this point
Default WM9 and frames

I have a question. It is about playing movies WITH MicroDVD subtitles, encoded with wm9. With BSplayer.

I agree that M$ things should be avoided at almost all costs, yet still peoples seems to use it, since it give the best results for hi-bitrate/resolution movies encode. (HDTV to 1DVD, downscale to 1280 or 1440 pixels)

WM9 has some problems playing for itself, but the main limitation is the lack of frame report/support. What I mean is that MicroDVD subtitles lost it's sync with this damn format...! (a bug, of course)

Since it is pretty obvious why the sync of subtitles get lost and why the time-based formats like *.srt works (for dummies - because WMV report back time and not frames), it make me wonder, if there is a way, how to fix the problem. Since, obviously, is M$ not likely to change the ugly and limiting behaviour of their software, I can think about only one solution for this - in case o such limiting codec, simply calculate the frames from the time elapsed? :?: :idea:

This should do the job and allow using of MicroDVD subtitles :P

Can it be done, BST?
Or is there a better way to do it?

It seems important for me, because
1) it is a unwanted limitation
2) the tools to fix-up and edit the MicroDVD format is best
3) the format itself is straight-forward editable by hand, *.srt is not (can't simply remove line, etc.)

Tags
frames, wm9