Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > General Talk And Support

General Talk And Support General talk and peer-to-peer support about BS.Player and other video and audio multimedia players.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 15th January 2010
BS.Player Newbie

bspuser is on a distinguished road
Default Problem with playlists and media library

Hello everybody!

Maybe this might be better with the "bugs section", but if it really was a bug, other must have noticed it before and I would have found it using the search.

So I guess it's just a rare problem...?

Well, it's more like three different problems, but all concerning the media library.

1. When saving a playlist (.avi files) as internal format I can open it using the playlist module but when opening (i.e. creating a playlist whithin the media library and then "load from file" -> "replace..") using the media library nothing happens, i.e. the library within the media library is still empty.
That does NOT happen when I do the exact same procedure when saving the playlist as text format.

-> How can it be, that the media library is not able to open the program's own format???

2. Another, very annoying problem with the media library: It's about playlists of .avi files, saved as text format.
When I try to create two playlists within the media library that should show the same files but in different locations, I'm ending up having two playlists (media library) that have the same files from the same location. The text format playlists defenitely show different locations, but when chosing "load from file" -> "replace.." within the media library only the first location (ever) to be chosen shows up in all media library playlists, no matter if the text format playlist from which the media library playlist got it's informations show a different location.

I tried also the latest version (2.51.1022) of bsplayer, even worse: not even text format playlist files where loaded into a media library playlist. And as the new media library design is less usefull (more design, less functional), I instantly switched back to the older version.

I also deleted the bsplayer installation complete (I always use the "save setting in the installation folder" option), i.e. I also deleted all files that were left after uninstalling the program. But You never now what is still left in the "software" file within the Windows\system32\config folder. I haven't found a way to inspect or edit that file so far.

So, after a probably clean and fresh installation the problem is still there: If You maybe move a file (in this case .avi file) and create a new text format playlist, there's no way to get the media library to accept the new folder. Only way out in this case: delete the library file and start anew! But that doesn't help if You want to have the same file in two (or more) different location... The media library never forgets. And as it's not in a editable format, there seems to be no chance to make the media library forget files and locations. At least for me: Deleting media library playlists and "optimizing library" did not help at all.

Also: If the text format playlist contains absolute instead of relative locations the media library playlist does not show anything (as when using internal format playlist files)...

That's all folks :-).

Thanks for any helpful suggestions (I won't change my OS!).

BTW: The media library could be much more user friendly:

Why is there no drag and drop for playlist files?
What about "create playlists from playlist files"? instead of "add playlist" -> "load from file" -> "add/replace" for every single playlist to be created?

But with all that problems, bsplayer was and is still my favourite player for video files, mostly because of the "bullz" skin and the facts that the play window can be dragged seperately from the main window and the player is customizable (mouse wheel, key short cuts).

Tested on W2k and WinXP with BSPlayer 2.28 and 2.51.1022 trial/free.

Last edited by bspuser; 15th January 2010 at 11:14 AM.

Tags
library, media, playlists