Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > General Talk And Support

General Talk And Support General talk and peer-to-peer support about BS.Player and other video and audio multimedia players.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 20th May 2011
BS.Player Newbie

Enkidu is on a distinguished road
Default private use notice

I just downloaded and installed a new version of BSplayer for the first time in 6 or 7 years (because the old one stopped working for some reason) and it's still the best.
But there's one thing that seriously irritates me. I would like to know how to get rid of the blasted "non-commercial use only" notice, I've tried to find an option to remove it but failed.
It should be in the Help -> About section anyway, not overlayed on the video ! It's really irritating having to look at it for 12 seconds each time I open any video file, it would be enough if I read only once (like after installation for example), instead of shoving it in my face like that !
Even more irritating is the fact the damn notice is messing with my OSD font size setting, I set it to 12 (and the program remembers it as it should) but if I make it appear on the screen (by fast forwarding for example) at the same time as the notice, the OSD permanently assumes the font size of notice, and that seems to be vary (across different files or just different sessions, I don't know), so the OSD changes font size (7/10/11...) together with the notice, which is very irritating.
The only solution is not to touch anything (and not activate the OSD) until the notice disappears, or disable the OSD, and that is not acceptable.
Please tell me how to permanently remove or hide this notice.

P.S.
There's also one more small bug - the remove extension button in the file extension association window won't remove any of the default extensions, only the ones I add. But as long as I can deselect them so they're not associated that's not very important.

Tags
notice, private