Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > General Talk And Support

General Talk And Support General talk and peer-to-peer support about BS.Player and other video and audio multimedia players.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 31st October 2011
BS.Player Newbie

wolfgang is on a distinguished road
Unhappy [SOLVED] Problem with sound in mp4 file

Hello, I have been trying to watch an mp4 file with 6 sound channels but bsplayer 2.58 recognizes only 2, and plays the file with only 2 sound channels, while in avi files with surround it has no problem. I played the file in other media players (wmp and VLC) and the sound was ok. I have downloaded all the availabe codecs that bs suggested me to download when I first installed it. I have also tried to install 3ivx and Mp4 splitter in order to fix the problem, but with no result.

Any suggestion would be appreciated...
Old 31st October 2011
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

1. When playing such a file, which filters are used ? ( rightclick -> options -> filters -> advanced)
2. If ffdshow audio it's used, can you get into it's options -> mixer -> is there enabled 5.1 ?
3. If it's another audio decoder, can you post here which is ?
Old 31st October 2011
BS.Player Newbie

As far I can see ffdshow is not being used. Microsoft DTV-DVD Audio Decoder and DTV-DVD Video Decoder are being used instead.
Old 1st November 2011
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

Run codecmanager.exe from BSPlayer's install folder and allow installing all codecs (they are used only by BSPlayer and don't mix with installed ones).
Normal filters for decoding an MP4 file should be Haali media splitter / ffdshow video decoder / ffdshow audio decoder if internal codecs are installed (as before mentioned) or Gabest MP4 splitter / CoreAVC / CoreAAC if independent codecs are installed. BSPlayer uses window's filters (that you mentioned above) if no other filters can be found. The filters you mentioned can handle H264 decoding and AAC decoding...but...poorly

AND...be sure you have UAC turned off so filters can be installed.
Old 1st November 2011
BS.Player Newbie

OK. So, while UAC was off, I reinstalled bs and I allowed the installation of the codecs. Bs now uses ffdshow Video decoder and MPA Decoder Filter. In the options of MPA Decoder Filter I switched the audio to 5.1, but I still have 2 channel audio...

Any Ideas
Old 2nd November 2011
BS.Player Newbie

ΟΚ. Problem fixed
I suppose it was a codec priority problem. After uninstalling all the external codecs that I had installed on my own and not via codecmanager, bs started using AC3 and now I have 6 channel audio.. Yay !

Thank you for your replies

Tags
file, mp4, sound