Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > General Talk And Support
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

General Talk And Support General talk and peer-to-peer support about BS.Player and other video and audio multimedia players.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 3rd May 2003
BS.Player Newbie

jzi687 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default DIV3 and its headache inducing consequences

Lookit, I'm really sorry to have to post yet another topic on DIV3, but I've read all the messages on the subject to no avail. I've finished to cigarette packs, its 2 in the morning, and I'm at the end of my tether, but I'm not a quitter.

I have a film, Das Boot, BSplayer is indispensabl?„e for subtitles, this film being in germn (and what a great film it is). The thing is, it works with playa (people say that player can play corrupt files, fine), it works with virtualdub, and the divx player, ran it thru avic and no errors, and whats more, I can play it with BSplayer no hassle on a freinds pc, albeit he has winxp (sp1) and I have win me. The file is on a cd.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled all the codecs separately, and in packs such as the nimo (I tried various versions) and the kazzalite pack. I've also tried with different BS versions.

All this, with no results, can any one please post the definitive solution please?

BTW, I tried checking and unchecking the use div 4.11 or whatever in BS preferences and installed ffdshow. Did I miss something?
Old 4th May 2003
BS.Player Power User

bond is an unknown quantity at this point

so whats the problem?

div3 = divx3
install divx3.11 OR divx5.0.5 to play a div3 file (it doesnt matter in which player). nothing less, nothing more.
DON'T use codecpacks!!!
Old 6th May 2003
BS.Player Power User

xlv600 is an unknown quantity at this point

Bond: If it works with other players, then the codec is properly installed, the issue is somewhere else.

I've no clue!

Tags
consequences, div3, headache, inducing