Official BS.Player forums

Official BS.Player forums (http://forum.bsplayer.com/)
-   General Talk And Support (http://forum.bsplayer.com/general-talk-support/)
-   -   Problem with displaying VobSub subtitles (http://forum.bsplayer.com/general-talk-support/17422-problem-displaying-vobsub-subtitles.html)

nemmy 14th August 2012 07:49 PM

Problem with displaying VobSub subtitles

Hi. The problem I'm having has me kinda baffled and I'm out of ideas.

The following happens when I try to play x264 files. When there are soft-coded subtitles in the file, and those are bitmaps, they play just fine, turn on and off as I want.

When they are VobSub subtitles, I get the following error msg: A decoder for the new track could not be found. Track type: VobSub. I click okay, the player goes to a black screen and then nothing.

Now I know it's not the file itself that's screwy, because when I use a thumbnailing program, it creates those just fine.

Under Options > Preferences > Subtitles on the VobSub tab, 'Enable VobSub support' has been checked.

Using BS Player 2.58 build 1058 on a Win7 64bit system

adicoto 15th August 2012 04:13 AM

VobSub <=> bitmaps.

I understand that if the subtittles are in an external file, they work OK but if the subtitles are internal (included into the MKV file) you get the error message ?
Can you post here file specifications and which filters are used to decode such files ?

nemmy 15th August 2012 04:55 AM

No, the subtitles are included in the file.

As for the info you asked for, would post it if I knew what you meant :)

adicoto 15th August 2012 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nemmy (Beitrag 59086)
Hi. The problem I'm having has me kinda baffled and I'm out of ideas.

The following happens when I try to play x264 files. When there are soft-coded subtitles in the file, and those are bitmaps, they play just fine, turn on and off as I want.

If they are bitmaps, then it's a VobSub subtitle, that's why I was refering to external subtitles. Probably you ment to refer to text subtitles (sub, srt)

Quote:

When they are VobSub subtitles, I get the following error msg: A decoder for the new track could not be found. Track type: VobSub. I click okay, the player goes to a black screen and then nothing.

Now I know it's not the file itself that's screwy, because when I use a thumbnailing program, it creates those just fine.

Under Options > Preferences > Subtitles on the VobSub tab, 'Enable VobSub support' has been checked.

Using BS Player 2.58 build 1058 on a Win7 64bit system

In this case you refer to internal bitmap (VobSub) subtitles

Quote:

As for the info you asked for, would post it if I knew what you meant :)

Open file in Media Info, for example, for file specifications
For filters used, open a file, rightclick -> options -> filters

nemmy 15th August 2012 08:30 PM

filespecs:

General
Format : Matroska
Format version : Version 2
File size : 1.46 GiB
Duration : 1h 11mn
Overall bit rate : 2 942 Kbps
Writing application : HandBrake 0.9.5
Writing library : libmkv 0.6.4.1

Text #1
ID : 3
Format : VobSub
Codec ID : S_VOBSUB
Codec ID/Info : The same subtitle format used on DVDs
Language : English

Text #2
ID : 4
Language : Spanish

Text #3
ID : 5
Language : French

The filters shows a list:
Default DirectSound Device, Video renderer, AC3Filter, ffdshow Video Decoder, MPA Decoder Filter, Source, Advanced, and three options greyed out: AsyncClock, xf and EQ

adicoto 16th August 2012 04:53 AM

OK, now, if you click on source filter, on the right hand you will see the splitter details. Can you post here ?

nemmy 16th August 2012 08:49 AM

http://i48.tinypic.com/25frc7k.jpg

adicoto 16th August 2012 08:55 AM

OK, can you post here or via PM a link to such a file to test ?

adicoto 17th August 2012 09:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Downloaded test file. In here it plays OK using Haali media splitter and CoreAVC.
Using old subtitles renderer, no problems, using new renderer, subtitles not displayed, but no error messages. Problem could be in another setting. Enable VobSub and load subtitles into memory enabled in subtitles options.
Does the file contain only English subtitles ?
Do you have VobSub installed ?

nemmy 17th August 2012 12:36 PM

If it plays for you it's definitely a problem on my box, as I suspected. Yes, VobSub is installed, it's enabled, and the load in memory box is checked. And yes, only english subs.

adicoto 17th August 2012 01:15 PM

Coul you try to install CoreAVC instead of using ffdshow ?
In ffdshow, load subtitles is enabled ? Could the error be generated by ffdshow ?

nemmy 17th August 2012 08:13 PM

Wouldn't it then always have to give the error. I have files with subtitles included that work just fine...

adicoto 18th August 2012 04:51 AM

Internal subtitles can be text based (.srt, .ssa/ass...) and bitmap (vobsub). If all vobsub subtitles files gives an error, then we have a common ground. If not, then is a random problem and it's harder to pinpoint.

nemmy 18th August 2012 09:10 AM

And there lies my problem: both the ones that work and the ones that don't are VobSub...

adicoto 18th August 2012 10:18 PM

DO the files that fails have more than one vobsub stream inside ? 2-3 subtitles ?

nemmy 19th August 2012 08:13 AM

I have one that works fine that has 4 subtitle streams.