Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > General Talk And Support

General Talk And Support General talk and peer-to-peer support about BS.Player and other video and audio multimedia players.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 28th June 2013
BS.Player Newbie

misterd is on a distinguished road
Default BSPlayer stutter problems in certain files when subtitles are enabled

Hello,

I'm experiencing some problems with BSPlayer on my laptop.
I have a Xxodd (Same as Clevo/Sager) W860CU laptop, with Core i5 560m and nVidia GTX 285m and 8GB of RAM.
I'm running Windows 7 32bits (I know, should run x64 for the 8GB of RAM, but that has nothing to do with my recent problems) Enterprise. Yes, a legit version since I'm head of a school in the Netherlands where we have school licences for Windows Enterprise.

I noticed some time ago that my BSplayer started to disfunction. First I thought my laptop wasn't fast enough, since it only seemed to happen in certain 1080p mkv's.
Now it's in some 720p files too. So I thought, maybe it's a x264 error.
Today I had the same problems with an Xvid file.

I've tried upgrading my BSPlayer to the latest version (bsplayer265.1074), didn't work.
Tried uninstalling and reinstalling (so the codecs got downloaded fresh again), didn't work.

Here's the problem.
When I watch certain files using BSPlayer with English subtitles enabled (downloaded through BSPlayer itself) in full-screen mode, the video stutters really bad when subtitles appear.
The weird thing is:
-Disabling the subtitles (pressing S) while in full-screen mode fixes the stutter problems.
-Disabling full-screen mode (double click on the playing video) with subtitles ENabled fixes the stutter problems.
I can drag the corners of the video and make it as big as full screen with subtitles enabled without stutters.

I've tried EVR renderer (which was on before, before the problems started), and I've tried the default renderer.

Examples of files that play without problems fullscreen with subtitles:
-KickAss 2010 BRRip X264-ExtraTorrentRG.mp4
-Falling.Skies.S03E04.HDTV.x264-EVOLVE.mp4
-Warm.Bodies.2013.720p.WEB-DL.X264-WEBiOS.mkv
-The Purge.2013.720p.WEB-DL.x264.AAC-SmY.mkv
-Lemonade Mouth[2011]DVDRip XviD-ExtraTorrentRG.avi

So I have different type of bitrates, codecs and container files here that work.

Examples of files that stutter fullscreen with subtitles:
-Anger.Management.S02E26.HDTV.XviD-AFG.avi
-Crossing.Lines.S01E01E02.720p.HDTV.x264-DIMENSION.mkv

In VLCPlayer they do run fullscreen with subtitles, but I'm not to fond of VLC.

Tags
enabled, files, stutter, subtitles