Official BS.Player forums

Official BS.Player forums (http://forum.bsplayer.com/)
-   General Talk And Support (http://forum.bsplayer.com/general-talk-support/)
-   -   Bsplayer won't play anything from my D drive (http://forum.bsplayer.com/general-talk-support/25114-bsplayer-wont-play-anything-my-d-drive.html)

chicken 21st December 2013 01:44 PM

Bsplayer won't play anything from my D drive

Hi all

I'm having this very odd fenomenon on my new Windows 8 Asus laptop. Any .avi, .mkv, .mp3, .mp4 etc. media files that are located on my D drive won't be played. I tried doubleclicking, opening it from the actual BSplayer (Menu, File, Open). Just nothing happens, the player just sits there saying "Closed"...

As soon as I copy the file anywhere to the C drive anywhere (Desktop, My videos, C root) where windows is installed, it works rightaway using any method, doubleclik or File> Open.

Also, while they are on the D drive, if I right-click and do open with Windows Media Player, that works. Only bsplayer does not want to open them.

Any ideas?

Thanks
chicken

chicken 5th January 2014 07:02 PM

Hm, noone has a suggestion?
:confused:

Ico-man 14th January 2014 10:06 AM

We can't reproduce this. Anyone else sees this behaviour?

bliss81 11th July 2017 09:12 PM

hi im having the same problem on windows 10

i have win 10 and bs player 2.71
when im playing video from c: drive everything works. but when im trying to play from any other drive (includes d: which is on the same physical hd) it wont work (bsplayer loads and play nothing). if ill coppy the vidseo to c: it will work at one. any ideas?

thank.

aatay 9th August 2017 09:08 PM

I had this issue as well but little different. I was not able play some video files in particular folder rather than particular drive.

It turns out that if you have a non-unicode character in your videos path, video does not open and seems closed. In my condition it was a Turkish character "İ" or "ı". However my region in my computer is United States. Changing the region of my pc to Turkey may also solve this issue (i did not try) but I just changed the folder names and videos are opening now.

I hope this might help some people.
Peace be with you :smile::wink:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ico-man (Beitrag 73189)
We can't reproduce this. Anyone else sees this behaviour?

SasoN 13th August 2017 03:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bliss81 (Beitrag 85333)
i have win 10 and bs player 2.71
when im playing video from c: drive everything works. but when im trying to play from any other drive (includes d: which is on the same physical hd) it wont work (bsplayer loads and play nothing). if ill coppy the vidseo to c: it will work at one. any ideas?

thank.

I have the same problem, i cant open any file od D: but if i transfer the same file on C: its working/