Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > General Talk And Support

General Talk And Support General talk and peer-to-peer support about BS.Player and other video and audio multimedia players.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 20th August 2004
darkain's Avatar
Junior Member
BS.player Regular User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Tacoma, WA
Posts: 23
Rep Power: 0
darkain is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RM-X Media Edition for BSplayer

Latest Version: RM-X Media Edition v1.2 (20060217)
Where can I download it? The RM-X Wiki
What does it do? EVERYTHING!

Original post:
Quote:
RM-X Media Edition for BSplayer is now available for download. Please take note, however, that it is still in BETA.

With RM-X, you can now sit back, and control BSplayer with your favorite multimedia keyboard, keyboard shortcuts, gaming devices (game pads, joysticks, flight sticks, etc), wireless remotes, as well as software based control such as customizable system tray icons.

Every button on every remote, on every gaming device, and on the tray icon is 100% customizable to the functions YOU want. No more limiting presets that define what a button should be assigned to. Your media, your way!

Hardware Device Support:
* RM-900 (all series)
* RM-1000 (all series)
* iR2000
* RemoteWonder
* Keyboard shortcuts (including multimedia keys)
* Any DirectX7 compatible gaming device.

www.darkain.com has more information.
__________________
-=- Darkain Dragoon -=-
RM-X Wiki for all your BSplayer control need
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 24th August 2004
darkain's Avatar
Junior Member
BS.player Regular User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Tacoma, WA
Posts: 23
Rep Power: 0
darkain is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

i just added a bunch of updates and bug fixes. also ran alot of os compatability checks to make sure it runs on all versions of windows.. should be much better now.
__________________
-=- Darkain Dragoon -=-
RM-X Wiki for all your BSplayer control need
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 27th October 2004
darkain's Avatar
Junior Member
BS.player Regular User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Tacoma, WA
Posts: 23
Rep Power: 0
darkain is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

i just uploaded a new build: RM-X Media Edition v 1.0 Beta Z1. should be much faster and alot more stable at this point.
__________________
-=- Darkain Dragoon -=-
RM-X Wiki for all your BSplayer control need
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 2nd November 2004
LSDSkunk's Avatar
Senior Member
BS.Player Power User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Sweden
Posts: 109
Rep Power: 0
LSDSkunk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

I looked at you homepage today. I have to say that it has potential, but did not live up to my personal requirements.
Here is a little constructive critisism:

1st of all: I would like a simple FAQ page witch details a few simple problems and solutions.

2nd: A changelog would be nice :)

3rd: I looked at the picture section, expection a few images of your setup: your keyboard and other things, but found some pictures of your 8 port switch. :roll: Is this your personal homepage or is it intended as the products gomepage?

4th: Check that your pages work in most of the popular browsers, in this case your page looks wierd in Opera.

5th: You should really stop encoding your homepages in Unicode. I suggest you start encoding them in ANSI. This may fix alot of graphical problems with Opera and Mozilla.

6th: When you think you are done with a page, use an online validator to check it for errors. I tried using the W3 Validator on your page (http://validator.w3.org/), and it said that it does not support the charachter encoding. Therefore, once again, you should change from Unicode to something else.

I hope you appriciate this constructive chritisism and do not take it as simple whining. :roll:
Good luck with your program. :)
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 2nd November 2004
darkain's Avatar
Junior Member
BS.player Regular User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Tacoma, WA
Posts: 23
Rep Power: 0
darkain is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSDSkunk
I looked at you homepage today. I have to say that it has potential, but did not live up to my personal requirements.
Here is a little constructive critisism:

1st of all: I would like a simple FAQ page witch details a few simple problems and solutions.

2nd: A changelog would be nice :)

3rd: I looked at the picture section, expection a few images of your setup: your keyboard and other things, but found some pictures of your 8 port switch. :roll: Is this your personal homepage or is it intended as the products gomepage?

4th: Check that your pages work in most of the popular browsers, in this case your page looks wierd in Opera.

5th: You should really stop encoding your homepages in Unicode. I suggest you start encoding them in ANSI. This may fix alot of graphical problems with Opera and Mozilla.

6th: When you think you are done with a page, use an online validator to check it for errors. I tried using the W3 Validator on your page (http://validator.w3.org/), and it said that it does not support the charachter encoding. Therefore, once again, you should change from Unicode to something else.

I hope you appriciate this constructive chritisism and do not take it as simple whining. :roll:
Good luck with your program. :)
i'm actually restructuring the entire web site, but im holding off on uploading the changes.

as for the "weirdness" issues of the site with opera... well, i dont have opera, therefor cant test with it. ive tested it with IE 5.5, IE6, IE 6 SP2, Mozilla 1.6, Mozilla 1.7, and Firefox 0.9. I see no weridness issues in any of these browsers. At the bottom of every single page, there is a W3C XHTML and CSS validation, and it is compliant to bolth. i have no idea is happening when you are trying to load the page.

1) as for a FAQ... well, people dont ASK me questions, so, how could i have a "frequently asked questions" section? ;)

2) the reason for no changelog is because 90+% of the changes are strictly to the API structure that doesnt effect 90+% of the users out there.. its mearly for developer purposes.

3) as for the "equipment" section, i'm working on expanding it. it will detail case-mod information, as well as equipment that i provide for a few local conventions that i attend, as well as LAN-Parties.

4) opera current only accounts for 3% of my userbase. me, as a developer, sees this as something along the lines of "small"... its not that i dont care, its that "i'm not a web developer".. i'm a programmer... every hour i shove into improving the web site, is an hour taken away from programming. see, i'm only one guy, that has to manage 100% of the codebase, 100% of the web site, and also tend to lan-party server hosting and game convention server hosting.

5) i'm using UTF-8 encoding, not UTF-16 encoding on my web site, so this shouldnt cause a problem in any browser at all. if something cant handle UTF-8, then i just dont know what to say about that.

6) again, i listed above that yes, i DO use the validator. if there was a page that WASNT valid, please give me the individual URLs. as of right now, i dont know of any pages that have issues (but i have added on some dynamically generated pages that arent fully tested yet)
__________________
-=- Darkain Dragoon -=-
RM-X Wiki for all your BSplayer control need
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 2nd November 2004
LSDSkunk's Avatar
Senior Member
BS.Player Power User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Sweden
Posts: 109
Rep Power: 0
LSDSkunk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkain
5) i'm using UTF-8 encoding, not UTF-16 encoding on my web site, so this shouldnt cause a problem in any browser at all. if something cant handle UTF-8, then i just dont know what to say about that.
Hmm.. It appears as if the validator just doesn't like some of the pages. It can validate some pages, but when i tried validating http://www.darkain.com/rmx.php, the validator rejects it with the message:
Quote:
Either we do not support this character encoding yet, or you have specified a non-existent character encoding (often a misspelling).

The detected character encoding was "utf8(unicode,worldwide)".
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 2nd November 2004
darkain's Avatar
Junior Member
BS.player Regular User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Tacoma, WA
Posts: 23
Rep Power: 0
darkain is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSDSkunk
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkain
5) i'm using UTF-8 encoding, not UTF-16 encoding on my web site, so this shouldnt cause a problem in any browser at all. if something cant handle UTF-8, then i just dont know what to say about that.
Hmm.. It appears as if the validator just doesn't like some of the pages. It can validate some pages, but when i tried validating http://www.darkain.com/rmx.php, the validator rejects it with the message:
Quote:
Either we do not support this character encoding yet, or you have specified a non-existent character encoding (often a misspelling).

The detected character encoding was "utf8(unicode,worldwide)".

Quote:
This Page Is Valid XHTML 1.1!
that is what i get when i try to validate the page.

also, i went and downloaded Opera last night, and the only problem i had with opera, is that it doesnt correctly render font spacing. it was adding too much space between character in the words in the left menu, therefor incorrectly started to wrap text. outside of that, the page looked exactly the same as it does in IE and Moz. the item that is happening on is the "scripting example" wich doesnt even exist in the updates that currently arent uploaded. if you wanna help make things better, i'm all for it... but as of yet, i dont have any of these weird errors that you are having, nor is the validator failing for me.
__________________
-=- Darkain Dragoon -=-
RM-X Wiki for all your BSplayer control need
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 3rd November 2004
Junior Member
BS.Player Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1
Rep Power: 0
xnolanx is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ???

Could you paste the exact link you are using to validate the rmx.php page ie: http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=ht....com%2Frmx.php
The page appears to render just fine for me in all of my browsers on all my OS's, and the Validator seems to validate all pages.
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 3rd November 2004
LSDSkunk's Avatar
Senior Member
BS.Player Power User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Sweden
Posts: 109
Rep Power: 0
LSDSkunk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Since I'm using opera, I only right click on the page and click "Frame -> Validate source". This procedure generates the error mentioned above, but when i paste the link instead of uploading the page, there is no error at all :?

Wierd... :roll:

@darkain: Character spacing errors are very common in Opera
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 4th November 2004
darkain's Avatar
Junior Member
BS.player Regular User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Tacoma, WA
Posts: 23
Rep Power: 0
darkain is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSDSkunk
Since I'm using opera, I only right click on the page and click "Frame -> Validate source". This procedure generates the error mentioned above, but when i paste the link instead of uploading the page, there is no error at all :?

Wierd... :roll:

@darkain: Character spacing errors are very common in Opera
i'm guessing the "right-click validate" is forcing paramaters such as HTML 4.x, as well as other things... whereas my site is done using XHTML 1.1 (probably the most strict of the XHTML sets)

now that i have opera installed tho, i'll make sure it looks good in it, with the modifications i have been working on. i've had to postpwnd the changes tho, for reasons i cannot discuss here. i'm hoping i can get full aproval before the end of the week tho.
__________________
-=- Darkain Dragoon -=-
RM-X Wiki for all your BSplayer control need
Reply With Quote
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 1st January 2005
darkain's Avatar
Junior Member
BS.player Regular User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Tacoma, WA
Posts: 23
Rep Power: 0
darkain is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

http://www.darkain.com/rmx.php?rmxid=8

here we go. a new build. its been a while, but then again, ive been busy w/ other stuff.

the RM-X API is basically complete at this point, so now its time to start working on RM-X add-ons.
__________________
-=- Darkain Dragoon -=-
RM-X Wiki for all your BSplayer control need
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 7th January 2005
LSDSkunk's Avatar
Senior Member
BS.Player Power User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Sweden
Posts: 109
Rep Power: 0
LSDSkunk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Heh, works like a charm with my audigy remote :)
However, i can't seem to find a function in IntelliRemote that allows for assignment of Toggle Fullscreen to a button. Also, in BSPlayer you can pause/play with spacebar, so why must i use 2 separate buttons for my remote? Somehow i think it can be fixed since it works for winamp.
Those are the only things i actually can complain about at this time :)
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 7th January 2005
darkain's Avatar
Junior Member
BS.player Regular User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Tacoma, WA
Posts: 23
Rep Power: 0
darkain is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSDSkunk
Heh, works like a charm with my audigy remote :)
However, i can't seem to find a function in IntelliRemote that allows for assignment of Toggle Fullscreen to a button. Also, in BSPlayer you can pause/play with spacebar, so why must i use 2 separate buttons for my remote? Somehow i think it can be fixed since it works for winamp.
Those are the only things i actually can complain about at this time :)
any idea as to how i would go about implemented these? i guess i could implement play/pause toggle by querying the current playback status. as for the full screen thing, the closest thing im seeing is "BSP_ExitFScreen", which i have no idea what it does.
__________________
-=- Darkain Dragoon -=-
RM-X Wiki for all your BSplayer control need
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 7th January 2005
LSDSkunk's Avatar
Senior Member
BS.Player Power User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Sweden
Posts: 109
Rep Power: 0
LSDSkunk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

i have no idea how you would implement them. :|
i'm guessing "BSP_ExitFScreen" exits full screen. sure sounds like it. if this is the case there should be a similar name for initiating full screen.

btw, how does the scripting feature work? is it lua script or what?
can't seem to find any documentation on that part.
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 8th January 2005
darkain's Avatar
Junior Member
BS.player Regular User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Tacoma, WA
Posts: 23
Rep Power: 0
darkain is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSDSkunk
i have no idea how you would implement them. :|
i'm guessing "BSP_ExitFScreen" exits full screen. sure sounds like it. if this is the case there should be a similar name for initiating full screen.

btw, how does the scripting feature work? is it lua script or what?
can't seem to find any documentation on that part.
A) its lua
B) it isnt fully implemented. i imported the lua core, and havnt done anything with it since then. its just there for "future expansion". (trust me, itll get used, but i want a couple other things working first)
__________________
-=- Darkain Dragoon -=-
RM-X Wiki for all your BSplayer control need
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 8th January 2005
Senior Member
BS.Player Power User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 126
Rep Power: 0
RafkeP is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

I'm not sure if I understand the problem, but if you need the message to toggle fullscreen it's : BSP_FS_Switch

Rafke P.
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 8th January 2005
LSDSkunk's Avatar
Senior Member
BS.Player Power User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Sweden
Posts: 109
Rep Power: 0
LSDSkunk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

hmm.. i think i found a minor bug in the winamp version.
i set Ctrl+Alt+Numpad6 to skip to next track, but when i pressed the keys, winamp would skip one track entirely and start playing the track 2 positions later in the playlist. I then changed "tracks to skip" to 0, and now it's working as it should. :roll:
Perhaps it's something with the key-combo that causes the error.. idk.
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 8th January 2005
darkain's Avatar
Junior Member
BS.player Regular User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Tacoma, WA
Posts: 23
Rep Power: 0
darkain is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSDSkunk
hmm.. i think i found a minor bug in the winamp version.
i set Ctrl+Alt+Numpad6 to skip to next track, but when i pressed the keys, winamp would skip one track entirely and start playing the track 2 positions later in the playlist. I then changed "tracks to skip" to 0, and now it's working as it should. :roll:
Perhaps it's something with the key-combo that causes the error.. idk.
i dont trust the keyboard shortcuts plugin to work at all for anything right now. microsoft has done a nice one to skrew me up the arse quite a bit... could you beleive that it reacts completely differently between XP, XP SP1, and XP SP2? and of course, none of those match Win2K, altho 2K SP3 or SP4 matches XP SP1. and then there is the NT4 code set, and the Win9x code set.... lets just put it this way, the thing is hacked together w/ so damn many variations, i dont expect anything in it to work at this point... :(
__________________
-=- Darkain Dragoon -=-
RM-X Wiki for all your BSplayer control need
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 9th January 2005
LSDSkunk's Avatar
Senior Member
BS.Player Power User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Sweden
Posts: 109
Rep Power: 0
LSDSkunk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

lol well it works for me with the small tweak described above :)
(xp sp1)
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 10th January 2005
darkain's Avatar
Junior Member
BS.player Regular User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Tacoma, WA
Posts: 23
Rep Power: 0
darkain is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSDSkunk
lol well it works for me with the small tweak described above :)
(xp sp1)
i was testing it on a friends computer last night... wasnt able to reproduce it... but, i have an idea how to fix it. sadly, im out of commission right now... i'll try to get to work on it again when i have a fully functional desktop again.

http://darkain.livejournal.com/187328.html << reference why desktop is down.
__________________
-=- Darkain Dragoon -=-
RM-X Wiki for all your BSplayer control need
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
edition, media, rmx

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Ad Management plugin by RedTyger

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20