Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > General Talk And Support

General Talk And Support General talk and peer-to-peer support about BS.Player and other video and audio multimedia players.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 30th April 2005
BS.Player Newbie

bertz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default codec question

I bought an all in wonder card and it has worked great but a trial player i dl'd some time ago has apperantly usurped the recording audio codec. Now when i playback recordings it won't play sound and a message crawl saying the moonlight player has expired. I've gone into the registry and deleted all i could find by moonlight and did the remove programs bit but I'm still having this problem.

I also reloaded the ati drivers but still a no go.... any ideas?
Old 30th April 2005
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

It's not the recording, but the playback that it's not done properly any more. So you'll need another MPEG2 decoder. Try InterVideo, BitCtrl...
Old 30th April 2005
BS.Player Newbie

Okay I dl's and installed the new codecs but playback on bs and windows media still has garbled sound whne it use to work fine. Do i need to somehow select which codec is being used on playback so I can get these shows burned to disk?

My buddy is overseas and can't watch american tv. I don't think i should have to pay the $20 fee for a player i never wanted just to get this damned thing to work.
Old 2nd May 2005
BS.Player Newbie

Mucreio is an unknown quantity at this point

Could you explain more, exactly what are you trying to do? You "bought a wonder card", "watch american tv" "burned to disk"...

Reading your posts I assume:
1- You bought a video capture, have a sort of TV cable subscription and connected it from your TV through to your new card to watch american tv on your computer. It's correct?

2- Or are you watching american TV after downloading from Internet?

If you are into "1", I recommend DO NOT go to register and delete nothing by yourself, unless you really know what are you doing. Just delete the aplication you don't want in 'control panel', 'add and remove software'.

If you are into "2", just delete your codecs and install codec pack like k-lite:

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/...Codec_Pack.htm
Old 2nd May 2005
BS.Player Master

Wonder comes from ATI all-in-wonder, a video card who has a TV tuner built in. A good solution for a multimedia PC.
For the 20 $ player, probably it refers to an MPEG2 player that he installed long time ago as shareware or trial.
Yers, he refers to video files captured by the video card and burned to disk.
Do not install codec packs. Never.
More questions, Mucreio ?
Old 2nd May 2005
BS.Player Newbie

Mucreio is an unknown quantity at this point

Not at all Adicoto,

Now I understood your earlier post. I just hope Bertz found his way to get a clean sound. He didn't specifyed which trial application was using before. If he was using the common ones, like RealPlayer, the problem could be a lack or conflict of codecs, I presume.

Thanks for your reply.
Old 2nd May 2005
BS.Player Newbie

It was option number 1.

I bought an ati all in wonder 9600, but had a trial player installed before i bought it. It worked great until the trial period was over and then it fudged up the sound and had a crawl across the playback saying the trial period was over.

Adicoto was able to help me out to some extent, it now playsback fine on bs player, but it still is screwed up in the video editor so i can edit out commercials to save disk space and then burn it.

If there is a way that I can reselect which codec to use when recording that would be great. I tried reinstalling the ati drivers but it didn't take them as default obviously. I did try to delete the registry but it just popped back up on it the next day. This is really frustrating the hell out of me.
Old 2nd May 2005
BS.Player Master

I use InterVideo WinDVD creator to record from tv-tuner. It uses it's own MPEG2 encoder\decoder. Fine tool. See if there is any trial version and try it.
Old 3rd May 2005
BS.Player Newbie

Okay so here is the fix that I have so far.... I capture the video in my expired trial of intervideo dvd creator 2 and then save it because it crashes when i go to author it. I then open it up in pinnacle, the software that came with the card, and hopefully it will burn.

I'm so glad they made all this software so damn easy to use. /sarcasm

Tags
codec, question