Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > General Talk And Support

General Talk And Support General talk and peer-to-peer support about BS.Player and other video and audio multimedia players.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 23rd August 2005
BS.Player Newbie

lifire is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Movies are dark except in full screen mode

I've read a whole bunch of stuff about overlay, codecs, brightness settings in BSplayer itself, but it still doesn't make sense to me that if I watch a movie at 100% it is impossible to make anything out; the picture is much too dark. However, if I play the video fullscreen, it is fully visible. I can take the same video in windows media player and see it just fine @ 100% or full screen. I know it can't be a codec problem because of that.

Also, if I change the brightness settings in BSplayer, when I go to full screen it is much too bright then (white washed). It seems 100% and full screen share the same setting changes, but not the same initial settings.

I'm using the latest build and did a default install, haven't really changed any settings having to do with video or codecs/filters.

Thanks.
Old 26th August 2005
BS.Player Newbie

me3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Movies are dark except in full screen mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifire
I've read a whole bunch of stuff about overlay, codecs, brightness settings in BSplayer itself, but it still doesn't make sense to me that if I watch a movie at 100% it is impossible to make anything out; the picture is much too dark. However, if I play the video fullscreen, it is fully visible. I can take the same video in windows media player and see it just fine @ 100% or full screen. I know it can't be a codec problem because of that.

Also, if I change the brightness settings in BSplayer, when I go to full screen it is much too bright then (white washed). It seems 100% and full screen share the same setting changes, but not the same initial settings.

I'm using the latest build and did a default install, haven't really changed any settings having to do with video or codecs/filters.

Thanks.

I had the same problem but for one movie only.. and I next was able to play around with the controls, the contrast, colors, and to see the movie accetpably

Do you have the problem with all movies?

Tags
dark, full, mode, movies, screen