Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > General Talk And Support

General Talk And Support General talk and peer-to-peer support about BS.Player and other video and audio multimedia players.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11th November 2005
BS.Player Newbie

LBWood is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Picture is scrambled

I am using BS Player 1.36 Build 825. I actually have it installed in two different language versions of Windows (Japanese and English) on the same computer.

The English installation works very well, but the installation on the Japanese side will not give a stable picture when I play my captured MPEG-2 files. The picture looks a bit like what television sets used to look like if you twisted the vertical hold knob.

I have used GSpot in both language versions to try to find out what is going on. With both, the CyberLink MPEG-2 splitter is listed several times as a rendering choice, but when I push button 2 it informs me that the connection failed.

On the English side, there are other choices (Ulead, InterVideo and VidzMedia), and those what are used when I render and play in GSpot. I have those same programs installed on the Japanese side, but they are not listed by GSpot when I press button 1. The MPEG file will not render and play.

I don't know enough about what is going on to identify what the problem is. Should BS Player be showing a picture that is not scrambled? Should those other choices be appearing in GSpot? Why aren't they? And for that matter, why is CyberLink being such a spoilsport? I have a lot of questions and am not really sure where to look for the answers.
Old 13th November 2005
BS.Player Newbie

I have been doing a great deal of exploring and have found some more information. Actually, Options -> Filters is a wealth of information, most of which I don't understand.

On the English side, which works, BS Player uses the Nero Video Decoder. On the Japanese side, which doesn't work, BS Player uses the Ulead Video Decoder. The Ulead Video Decoder is part of the Ulead DVD Player. The Ulead DVD Player is installed because I have Ulead DVD MovieFactory (Japanese version) and have the option of putting a run-time player on the DVDs that I burn.

I don't want to uninstall the Ulead DVD Player, even though it will surely solve the problem. I'd prefer to just force BS Player use the Nero Video Decoder, however that is done.

So my question now is, how do to tell BS Player what decoder to use?
Old 13th November 2005
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

Install an alternate MPEG2 decoder like Elecard or BitCtrl. BSPlayer will use this one to decode MPEG2 streams.
Old 14th November 2005
BS.Player Newbie

I've got MPEG Decoders coming out of both ends, but BS Player insists on using the Ulead DVD Video Encoder.

Or rather, used to.

Here's the solution:
1. Bring up BS Player Preferences
2. Click on Filter Management
3. Click on the Blacklist/Whitelist tab
4. Click on the Add Filter button
5. Select the nasty filter from the list
6. Click on OK
7. Click on the Enabled checkbox, if it's not already checked
8. Close the Preferences dialog box

BS Player now uses the Nero Decoder, just like on the English side.

Tags
picture, scrambled