Official BS.Player forums

Official BS.Player forums (http://forum.bsplayer.com/)
-   General Talk And Support (http://forum.bsplayer.com/general-talk-support/)
-   -   Renderer problem in 137.826 (http://forum.bsplayer.com/general-talk-support/7033-renderer-problem-137-826-a.html)

gao 14th December 2005 09:54 PM

Renderer problem in 137.826

When I updated the player from 136.825 to 137.826, movies no longer display properly with the "Internal Overlay Renderer (default)" setting. Although I can swtich to the other rendering options to watch videos, I cannot screencap properly to the jpg format if I do. I will either get a bmp file, or a messed up jpg. Note, that I've tested this with each of the convert images settings for screencapping both on and off. If I revert to the older version, I can watch and cap with the default renderer with no problems.

Tizio 14th December 2005 10:34 PM

Which version have you installed? Zipped one or via Installer?
Maybe try to uninstall the old version and then install the new one.. Probably it will not fix the problem, but if you overwrote the old version instead of making a fresh reinstall, trying to do the fresh reinstall MAY fix it... it's only a stupid suggestion, but.. who knows :roll:

gao 15th December 2005 02:23 AM

I only use the zipped version. I've never used the installer.

Tizio 15th December 2005 05:48 PM

Make sure to replace the old bsrendv2.dll file with the new one...
I suggest you to try the installer version since the only thing different from the zipped one is that you have the Uninstaller keys in the registry... If you can/want try it..
Maybe also delete the BSplayer.USER_NAME.xml file :?

Have you changed/installed codecs? :roll:

gao 15th December 2005 10:20 PM

Yes, the old bsrendv2.dll is replaced by the new one. I haven't installed or changed any codecs since the bsplayer upgrade. For what it's worth , the renderer problems only seem to happen with mpeg-4 videos, so the codec being used there is ffdshow's libavcodec. As, I said though, the older BSPlayer 136.825 works perfectly, so at least I can use that until this is hopefully somehow fixed.

Tizio 16th December 2005 03:26 PM

Strange thing since I don't see any difference with MPEG4 files.. Of course you can stay with the previous version till the problem is fixed (if the problem resides in BSplayer..)..
If I'll have some time I'll try to see if there are losses in quality on other machines with the new version :wink:

gao 16th December 2005 06:50 PM

Yes, I realize that somehow the problem may be system specific, so, for what it's worth, I use a 2.4ghz P4, and my video card is a nvidia ti4200. But while the problem is likely the result of an interaction between bsplayer and my system, the fact that the newer version has the problem, and the older doesn't, tells me that something was changed, and that's what's causing the problem.