Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > General Talk And Support

General Talk And Support General talk and peer-to-peer support about BS.Player and other video and audio multimedia players.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 9th January 2006
BS.Player Newbie

nolan_vode is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Quicktime Plugin recognition

I get a popup on pages telling me I need to download the QuicKtime plugin.

Problem is that I aready have QuicKtime Alternative 1.55 installed.

I also have BSPlater installed, & have it set as the default for local Quicktime files. Works fine in this capacity.

At first, according to about:plugins, my QuicKtime Alternative was not recognized.

# Installed Plugins: (6)
Connect-Enabled Plug-In (32-bit) : C:\Program Files\Real Alternative\browser\plugins\nppl3260.dll
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
# Shockwave Flash: H:\FIREFOX-STIPE-1.5-S8V2\plugins\NPSWF32.dll
- Shockwave Flash 8.0 r22

I copied npqtplugin2.dll from "C:\Program Files\QuickTime Alternative\Plugins" to my FX plugin folder, & now the readout also shows

# QuickTime Plug-in 6.5.1: H:\FIREFOX-STIPE-1.5-S8V2\plugins\npqtplugin2.dll
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.

But when I go to the first test page suggested by the "Quicktime Guide for Windows'

http://jrzycrim.sitesled.com/mozilla...lugintest.html

the files have no "play" buttons.

The next test page links to other test pages, all which tell me I need to download the QuicKtime plugin, which of course means the full Quicktime, not the QuicKtime Alternative.

BSPlayer is also the default for my local realplayer files, but I also tested realplayer streaming video, which works fine.

What's up with this?

Why does FX recognize the Realplayer plugin, even though it's not on my FX plugin folder, but not Quicktime?

Why did I have to place npqtplugin2.dll in the plugin folder manually if that what it takes for FX to recognize it.

Are there any more quicktime .dlls I need to place in my plugin directory?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win98; en-US; rv:1.8) Gecko/20051225 Firefox/1.5 (stipe) - Build ID: 2005122500

BSPlater 1.3.6.824

Tags
plugin, quicktime, recognition