Official BS.Player forums

Official BS.Player forums (http://forum.bsplayer.com/)
-   General Talk And Support (http://forum.bsplayer.com/general-talk-support/)
-   -   Strange Sound Problem (http://forum.bsplayer.com/general-talk-support/7842-strange-sound-problem.html)

Atsomething 12th September 2006 11:25 AM

Strange Sound Problem

Hi,

I have a really strange Audio problem
when i play a normal divx or xvid with mp3 compressed sound i dont hear any sound but all the normal codecs are installed and i can play ac3 and ogg streams normally so there's no problem with AC3.
I can play all the xvid/divx files normally with WMP or wmp classic
maybe its a problem that BSplayer cant recognize my soundcard?
I have an creative audigy 4 and i have this on 3 operating systems that i use.
I have this problem since my new pc upgrade and since i installed this audigy 4 card

Can any1 help me?

Tizio 12th September 2006 12:06 PM

Which filters are used by BSplayer to decode those videos (with the video opened: right-click -> Options -> Filters -> Advanced)?

Have you also took a look at BSplayer audio settings (CTRL+P -> Audio)?

Atsomething 12th September 2006 12:44 PM

I used thne FFDshow now for every file and i enabled the vmr 9 rendering i got sound now but i dont like the vmr 9 rendering bec i cant search so good with it in the avi's
Only when i use vmr9 i can get sound with ffdshow if i take an different rendering i get a fatal error with ffdshowi installed the xp codec pack for other stuff.
i also tried the CCCP codec pack

Atsomething 12th September 2006 12:49 PM

btw. i selected the sb audigy on the output device on the audio settings with no luck.
i also tried every other device "standard" and "directsound sb audigy 4"
but no luck

Tizio 12th September 2006 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atsomething
xp codec pack for other stuff.
i also tried the CCCP codec pack

First of all, stay away from codec packs!

Uninstall the codec packs, then install only the codecs you really need (you can follow this post's links or go to www.free-codecs.com )

Atsomething 12th September 2006 01:59 PM

the problem that i have is not the codecs its just the files that dont need any codecs that wont play sound

i uninstalled all the codecs anyways and only installed the xvid codec but still no sound

i didnt have any codec packs installed but i installed only the koepi's xvid codec on 1 windows OS and that 1 doesnt give sound either

BSPeter 12th September 2006 08:27 PM

Maybe: http://bsplayer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=32613#32613
:wink:

adicoto 12th September 2006 08:44 PM

Your souncard have MP3 decoding hardware acceleration and BSPlayer have problems dealing this. So, either you disable hardware acceleration for MP3 files either you change the output device to Default DirectSoundDevice

Atsomething 13th September 2006 09:05 AM

I tried to register the quartz.dll but no luck with that either :(
i changed the output device of bsplayer to all the things it listed "default" "default direct sound" "sb sudigy" and default directsound sbaudigy" that didnt work as well, but i dono where i can disable the mp3 decoding function can you tell me where exactly i can disable that adicoto?

adicoto 13th September 2006 02:58 PM

I don't know exactly where. In your sound manager you must find an option to disable this function.

Atsomething 15th September 2006 01:26 PM

i guess i have to use the FFdshow codec and change the rendering then.
its weird tho that i have the "no sound" problem on other apps and even games like the new Fear demo.
so i uninstalled the SB audigy 4 and enabled and installed my asus's onbord HD sound but i got exact the same problems both with Bsplayer and with Fear.
IS there maybe an compatebility issue with fairy new sound cards or so, and is there a way to solve this? because i had an old epox Motherboard with onboard sound before that never gave any problems