Official BS.Player forums

Official BS.Player forums (http://forum.bsplayer.com/)
-   General Talk And Support (http://forum.bsplayer.com/general-talk-support/)
-   -   BSplayer 2.0 + windows vista (http://forum.bsplayer.com/general-talk-support/7915-bsplayer-2-0-windows-vista.html)

emmanuelx 11th October 2006 02:23 PM

BSplayer 2.0 + windows vista

I can't play any AVI files and some WMV files - I get sound, but no video
vista is RC2 step ....16 days before RTM come on Slacker !!!!! update your f..... program

Tizio 11th October 2006 02:31 PM

Probably it's a codec issue, and not a BSplayer fault..

Quote:

Originally Posted by emmanuelx
...come on Slacker !!!!! update your f..... program

And next time don't use that language, otherwise your posts will be deleted :evil:

adicoto is trying Vista too, and he had not reported similar problems yet. :roll:

adicoto 11th October 2006 04:00 PM

Never had any problems on RC1. RC2 it's incoming. In a day or two I will install it and do some testing.

BSPeter 11th October 2006 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tizio
And next time don't use that language, otherwise your posts will be deleted :evil:

Good thing I didn't see this post earlier than you as I would most probably have done just that. This is not the way if one is seeking for assistance. Very uncivilized and totally unneccessary indeed!
:cry:

Tizio 12th October 2006 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BSPeter
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tizio

Good thing I didn't see this post earlier than you as I would most probably have done just that. This is not the way if one is seeking for assistance. Very uncivilized and totally unneccessary indeed!
:cry:

Yeah, I left it only because I'm interested too in this question regarding Vista... :(

SurlyDuff 15th October 2006 05:28 PM

I'm having the same problem on Vista RC2 x64. I'm using K-Lite Codec Pack and Windows Media Player and Media Player Classic both play the files with audio and video just fine. However, BSplayer is by far my favourite media player so I'd really like to get it working :D

adicoto 15th October 2006 06:16 PM

Tonite I will install RC2 but 32 bit version. And without any codec pack.

Tizio 15th October 2006 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adicoto
Tonite I will install RC2 but 32 bit version. And without any codec pack.

I'll wait for the results :wink:

Unfortunally 64bit OS are not so popular yet, but since almost all Vista releases will be for 64bit versions, some tests have to be done to assure a complete support from/for new systems.
I'm planning to buy a 64bit machine and probably I'll test BSplayer on some 64bit OS, but not before a couple of months from now... :(

adicoto 15th October 2006 07:33 PM

Sorry to disagree with you but 64 bits OS became verry popular with AMD 64 CPU, faster and cooler than P IV equivalents. I've installed my first XP64 on an 3200+\2GB DDR machine more than 1 year ago. At that time there was a lack of drivers, but OS was OK IMHO.
All Vista releases will be 32 and 64 bits.

LE: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvist...s/default.mspx

And by the way, microsoft's windows is the one coming in two versions, 32 and 64. Linux for example have support for 64 bits architecture for 2 years now.

Tizio 15th October 2006 07:50 PM

Quote:

Sorry to disagree with you but 64 bits OS became verry popular with AMD 64 CPU, faster and cooler than P IV equivalents. I've installed my first XP64 on an 3200+\2GB DDR machine more than 1 year ago. At that time there was a lack of drivers, but OS was OK IMHO.
All Vista releases will be 32 and 64 bits.

Yes, the 64bit systems became popular with AMD 64 CPU, but IMHO not the OS (and I speak of popularity, not stability).. I personally have never seen a PC with a 64bit system, while the plans for M$ are to spread 64bit as more as possible (also thanks to new intel conroe and merom cpus)..

But that was my personal experience, and since I deal much more with privates than with companies, I don't know if 64bit systems are so popular in the business market :roll:

EDIT:
but BSplayer is not available for Linux systems..I was referring to BSplayer tests :wink:

adicoto 15th October 2006 11:29 PM

No problem whatsoever with RC2. Tested on MPEG2 files (using Microsoft's built-in decoder) and some of the newest XviD files. BSPlayer plays them OK without even installing other MPEG4 decoder such as DivX or XviD. Using overlay mixer, subtitles are OK. As for the fact that Documents and settings folder became unaccesible for users you can't save here settings. Also the reg key.

LE: You can't unlock docs and sett folder, but you can gain full acces to install folder and the key is saved.

Tizio 15th October 2006 11:39 PM

Thank you adicoto!!! :D

adicoto 15th October 2006 11:42 PM

More to come in the next days.

SurlyDuff 16th October 2006 02:33 PM

Hmmm...I tried uninstalling K-Lite Codec Pack and tried installing xvid and divx but BSPlayer still doesn't work. Maybe it's an x64 problem?

BSPeter 16th October 2006 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Did you notice that adicoto
BSPlayer plays them OK without even installing other MPEG4 decoder such as DivX or XviD. Using overlay mixer, subtitles are OK

(Just to be sure) :wink:

adicoto 16th October 2006 08:55 PM

1. Have you disabled account control ?
2. Do you have administrator rights over Program files folder ? If not, all Divx and XviD installs are for nothing, as Vista is ignoring them.
3. I will install DivX and Xvid some 30 minutes from now and come back.

PS have you selected overlay mixer as rendering methode in video rendering ? I am not sure about the compatibility between BSPlayer and DirectX 10, wich is built-in Vista.

adicoto 16th October 2006 11:00 PM

Installed XviD. XviD files playing OK.
Installed Divx, DivX files playing OK.
Didn't manage to install my elecard MPEG2 decoder. And for sure Microsoft's MPEG2 filters have some issues with HDTV files. .TS file won't play at all.
Testing some x264 files with AAC audio. I will come back.

adicoto 16th October 2006 11:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Installed Elecard. MPEG2 HDTV files playing OK now. Makes me happy.
Installed CoreAAC and CoreAVC. Nice.
MP4 splitter. Some problems here with some files. Just 3ivX instalation helped. Also with 3ivX installed managed to play the file created with Nero that I downloaded today from the site (when night falls).
Some visual theme conflicts with windows(violet border around main window)

Tizio 17th October 2006 12:31 AM

Quote:

Some visual theme conflicts with windows(violet border around main window)

Probably there are problems with Windows APIs.
To create transparent borders I think that BS.Player (as I did with my skin editor) uses gdi32 and user32 api calls. Probably those files (respectively gdi32.dll and user32.dll) are missing, or most probably the api calls have changed:
CreateRectRgn
CombineRgn
SetWindowRgn

may act differently.. I don't know if Microsoft have already provided an updated version of the MSDN library, probably not. I think BS.Player creators need to check this before Vista become final :roll:

SurlyDuff 17th October 2006 02:27 PM

Ahh the rendering option seemed to be the problem. I selected overlay mixer and now it seems to work fine. I noticed that Media Player Classic also turns off the DirectX, guess BSPlayer has to as well.