Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > General Talk And Support

General Talk And Support General talk and peer-to-peer support about BS.Player and other video and audio multimedia players.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 5th February 2010
BS.player Regular User

Darkling is on a distinguished road
Default ATI Avivo

Does someone know how i can enable ATI AVIVO internal hardware acceleration?

I have my HDTV as second screen connected whit HDMI, and the settings in BS Player Pro are Internal Renderer Overlay (Default), so that if i start someting on my computer it wil automatically show on my TV. Is than the hardware accelerator enabled? Or do i something wrong? I searching now the internet for around nine months and it is time for asking some help. I hope someone can help me.

Thank you.
Old 12th February 2010
BS.Player Newbie

mikeggsm is on a distinguished road

1) To know if hardware acceleration (DXVA = DirectX Video Acceleration) is enabled, change some settings like brightness, contrast and colors in ATI Catalyst (download on ATI website) and see if there is a difference.

2) To enable DXVA, the video decoder must be directly connected to the renderer, without anything (like subtitle renderers) in between. And the video decoder must be able to use DXVA: I have been able to do that with either Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder (Vista/Win7) and MPC Video Decoder, the internal decoder of Media Player Classic. ffdshow Video Decoder won't do it automatically, but you can try to choose "ffdshow DXVA Video Decoder."

mikeggsm

Tags
ati, avivo