Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Answered And Solved Questions

Answered And Solved Questions A good place to check before you post your question. All answered / solved posts are archived here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12th December 2010
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

Will test more.
Old 12th December 2010
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

OK thx (cud u pse also test this)
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 12th December 2010
BS.Player Master

Tested with a movie that play for the first time on my computer. Result attached. Had to uncheck 10 english subtitles to check and download one romanian subtitle. And because you can't acces BSPlayer while checking and downloading subtitles....had 3 minutes run out.... slow connection... etc.
As I've chosen to download from BS.Player subtiles site, of course that the subtitle was stored in app data folder:
6E5E68F6F8B986F444D1E13A1AEB936FThe.Mentalist.S03E 10.HDTV.XviD-xDVD.srt_39273657
No problems when increasing font, using internal renderer (still default ??? as defined ???).
Same using EVR.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1051-new movie.jpg (101.9 KB, 1 views)
Old 12th December 2010
BS.Player Master

Hmmm,weird, "rum, eng" works as it should with me. Romanian subs pre-checked and English unchecked. Will test again.
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 12th December 2010
BS.Player Master

On the other hand, for this movie I had to unselect 37 english subtitles to get 1 romanian one. As you can see, most of them were the SAME file. Why do I need 37 subtitles ? I need just one, even if all 37 subs were romanian, why do I need to deselect them ? I don't download 37 subs for a movie. So, maybe it's better to have ALL unselected and select just the ones you want to download.
And....if there is one subtitle on the site, why uploading tens or hundreds of the same file ? You'll end up with a huge database, not a better one.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg so many.jpg (98.0 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg so many2.jpg (96.4 KB, 3 views)
Old 13th December 2010
BS.Player Master

Well look at this:
3 subs providers

from bsplayer-subtitles.com no subs (Romanian nor English) pre-selected
from subtitles.com.br also several other languages; not all Romanian selected
from opensubtitles.org all Romanian pre-checked (even a few non-related).
The common denominator ???

I've always (from the beginning of this new feature) deselected "Automatically upload subtitles". I've never understood that a subtitle provider could/would be happy that downloaded subtitles would simply be uploaded to them again, thus creating a multitude of identical subs.
So why its default is "on"; don't ask me.
I've only switched it on occasionally to check the status of this bug.

Maybe the best solution for BS.Player would be that the user gets an option to NOT have subtitles pre-checked automatically.
On the other hand: this pre-selection is just for the files to download.
It's not for the files to actually display. That's a subsequent selection!
Old 13th December 2010
BS.Support
BS.Player Power User

Ico-man is on a distinguished road

We will look into it, in the mean time you can right click in search results and select Uncheck all.
Old 13th December 2010
BS.Player Master

What a nice surprise.
Old 16th December 2010
BS.Player Master

Now, another weird thing. After doing the "unckeck all" trick, BS.Player show the downloadable subtitle list with...romanian subs checked, not english ones.

Tags
directory, saving, subtitle