Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Answered And Solved Questions

Answered And Solved Questions A good place to check before you post your question. All answered / solved posts are archived here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 22nd October 2011
BS.Player Newbie

FatSpanner is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Problem with .mkv and .mp4

Hi there, I've been using BSplayer for a good time and i have never used such a more awesome player. But when i reinstalled my computer and later installed BSplayer, i can't start a .mkv file (I'll get an error instant) and when i open a .mp4 file then it ask's if i have updated my codec even though i have installed the latest ones. But if i open a .avi file then it's zero problems! I tried to reinstall several times but with the same result

"BS.Player cannot play the media file.
You don't have necessary codec installed, file may damaged or not media file.

Click 'Find codec' to try to find codec."

The file is not damaged, cause I've been using VLC to open my files lately but i really want to use BSplayer! So please help me!

Thanks in advance
/Benjamin
Old 22nd October 2011
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

Besides codecs, you also must install other filters such as splitters. One that can splitt MKV and MP4 files (like Haali media splitter) or individual splitters such as Gabest MP4 and Gabest NKV splitter.
So, when installed BSPlayer, did you allow it to install it's own filters (can be used only by BSplayer and don't mix with system ones) ?
If not, open codecmanager.exe from inside BSplayer's install folder and allow instalation for Haali and ffdshow (MPEG4 AVC support - usually requiered in MKV and MP4 files)
Old 22nd October 2011
BS.Player Newbie

FatSpanner is on a distinguished road

@adicoto

When i first installed BSplayer they did ask for the filters and i did install them, when i check at codecmanager.exe i had all the filters installed, i tried to uninstall Haali and reinstall it but with no result :/
Old 12th November 2011
BS.Player Power User

black_ps is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatSpanner View Post
@adicoto

When i first installed BSplayer they did ask for the filters and i did install them, when i check at codecmanager.exe i had all the filters installed, i tried to uninstall Haali and reinstall it but with no result :/

I have the same problem,i can't see MP4 , i got sound but no image.
Old 12th November 2011
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Using this downloaded mp4 (1920x1080) playback is no problem with me!
(Under XP SP3, using i.a. Haali Media Splitter (Source), Gabest MPA Decoder filter and ffdshow Video Decoder; all "internally" installed by BS.Player's codecmanager for use by BS.Player only. So not using any special "BS.Player-external-filters" which I may have installed separately on my system.)
Could you also try/test?
(And post the filters used by BS.Player?
rightclick > Options > Filters > Advanced)
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 12th November 2011
BS.Player Power User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSPeter View Post
Using this downloaded mp4 (1920x1080) playback is no problem with me!
(Under XP SP3, using i.a. Haali Media Splitter (Source), Gabest MPA Decoder filter and ffdshow Video Decoder; all "internally" installed by BS.Player's codecmanager for use by BS.Player only. So not using any special "BS.Player-external-filters" which I may have installed separately on my system.)
Could you also try/test?
(And post the filters used by BS.Player?
rightclick > Options > Filters > Advanced)

No the problem is bsplayer closes when i try to run that file,any other file working ok no problems. Windows 7 Professional X64, 4 GB ram,ati 5650 1GB. The problem i have is running file from computer not youtube,running file from youtube is working.
Old 12th November 2011
BS.Player Master

Maybe I wasn't clear enough, but I (also) ran that file without problems after having downloaded it to HD (I just mentioned it as a possible source for a reference file).
Am I to understand that BS.Player exits immediately when loading this file from HD? (MP4 is an associated extension of BS.Player?)
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 12th November 2011
BS.Player Power User

Quote:
Maybe I wasn't clear enough, but I (also) ran that file without problems after having downloaded it to HD (I just mentioned it as a possible source for a reference file).
Am I to understand that BS.Player exits immediately when loading this file from HD? (MP4 is an associated extension of BS.Player?)
Yes it closes after running the file,yes MP4 is an associated extension.
Old 12th November 2011
BS.Player Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_ps View Post
Yes it closes after running the file....
Does BS.Player close after running (part of) the file or exit immediately when just trying to load this file from HD?
If you can load it without running, you can still report the filters/codecs used by BS.Player for this file.
If it exits, it does so without error report?
Old 12th November 2011
BS.Player Power User

Quote:
Does BS.Player close after running (part of) the file or exit immediately when just trying to load this file from HD?
If you can load it without running, you can still report the filters/codecs used by BS.Player for this file.
If it exits, it does so without error report?
I have selected bsplayer to do nothing when finishes the file so now i can see what codecs are used,it exits without any error or something if i select close bsplayer on file finish of file.If i unselect close bsplayer on finish i got sound but no image.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sshot-01.jpg (20.2 KB, 11 views)
Old 13th November 2011
BS.Player Master

When you installed BS.Player did you allow it to also "internally" instal its preferred codecs/filters? (Internally meaning for use by BS.Player only and not interfering with your system's codecs/filters).
What is shown under source?

P.S.:
You probably installed some codec-pack?
Old 13th November 2011
BS.Player Power User

Quote:
When you installed BS.Player did you allow it to also "internally" instal its preferred codecs/filters? (Internally meaning for use by BS.Player only and not interfering with your system's codecs/filters).
What is shown under source?

P.S.:
You probably installed some codec-pack?
I only installed bsplayer internally codecs no codec-pack here.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sshot-01.jpg (19.5 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg sshot-02.jpg (20.4 KB, 7 views)
Old 13th November 2011
BS.Player Master

As the file is an MP4 should be using an AVC decoder (such as ffdshow if no other filter is installed - certainly not Window's 7 DVB built in decoder) and at least an AAC decoder (such as ffdshow + AC3 if they are installed)
When playing youtube's file, which filters are used ? The filters from the picture are used when playing the file you downloaded from youtube or another file ?
Can you post a link to that file...if is available ?
Old 13th November 2011
BS.Player Master

Link already posted (5th post in this very thread).
Old 13th November 2011
BS.Player Master

Asked for a link if...is another file ;)
Old 13th November 2011
BS.Player Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by adicoto View Post
....The filters from the picture are used when playing the file you downloaded from youtube or another file ?
Can you post a link to that file...if is available ?
When reading I must have skipped the first sentence as quoted and focussed on the final "...if is available" part.

Tags
mkv, mp4