Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Bug Reports And Codecs

Bug Reports And Codecs Report BS.Player bugs here - help us to improve BS.Player even further.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 7th December 2014
BS.Player Newbie

Millenion is on a distinguished road

Turn off "Enable Windows 7 taskbar features" in preferences - general and bsplayer will work fine!
Old 24th December 2014
BS.Player Newbie

ngocnt86 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarin View Post
I have problem with bsplayer on windows 7 enterprise. Anything i watch (mkv, avi) after approximate 1 hour picture freeze sound keep going and i must open and end task bsplayer process.
I tryed to update codecs with codecmanager and still same problem. Any advices?
I tried. Same problem. Advice :(
Old 5th January 2015
BS.Player Newbie

whotheff is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millenion View Post
Turn off "Enable Windows 7 taskbar features" in preferences - general and bsplayer will work fine!

Tried it, stuck again at 66%. Bug is still present in 2.68
Old 24th March 2015
BS.Player Newbie

The BS Player is on a distinguished road

Hello!

It happens for me to have the same problem. The sound just keeps going but the screen is frozen and I can hear the Win7 error sound every second and it doesn't stop. I cannot close the program either. This is really frustrating. I don't know what I need to do, other than use another video player program.

Could anyone who knows help me, please?
Old 10th April 2015
BS.Player Newbie

Default 2.69 is also affected

crash bug confirmed in 2.69. The difference is that it stuck at 35% and not the usual 60-70%. The sound kept going, video stopped and there was a nice message "close program". Atleast now i can use bsplayer without task manager! :D
Old 24th April 2015
BS.Player Newbie

gudrin is on a distinguished road

Horrible 4 years old bug... I wonder how is this so unfixable? I continue to use bs player in spite of this bug but I don't watch any longer videos as this bug ruins everything. If thefreeplayerwithtrafficconeassign would also offer searching for subtitles and fixed some layout details, no one would have ever a reason to download bs player...

A quick look at this forums makes me quite sure this bug will not be fixed in the next 10 years, so v l c player, pls add the downloadable subtitles!
Old 25th April 2015
BS.player Regular User

SolidSnake916 is an unknown quantity at this point

After 1 whole year of using PotPlayer, I fully recommend this for any Anime, Movies, TV Shows, any Media whatsoever, it had built in codecs that work flawlessly, but if you wanna be a badass, you can tell it use to anything else like any other codecs you installed.
Old 18th May 2015
BS.Player Newbie

Last crash happened at 68% (~1:14:00) of the movie. At the frame it stuck there were subtitles showing, but their size was way smaller than i've set (Only on the frozen frame. All the rest were normal size.). So there might be connection with freezing and subtitles and 66%. Not that any of the developers cares...
Old 21st January 2016
BS.Player Newbie

maciusko is on a distinguished road

Still not fixed ?????? after 3-4 years have same bug ..... r.i.p BS Player
Old 12th June 2016
BS.Player Newbie

jorooo is on a distinguished road

Update: The beep-beep-beep bug still persists in version 2.70 / Windows 7.

I thought every company in the world will fire its developers if they do not fix such general bug for 4 years... Shame for management level too
Old 20th November 2017
BS.Player Newbie

yeops is on a distinguished road

And this bug still exists in version 2.71
Old 7th January 2020
BS.Player Newbie

Alex381 is on a distinguished road
Unhappy

I have the same problem for years. Here is some useful info for developers.

It crashes on fast forward or rewind in any version of BS Player on Windows 7 Pro or Home 64 bit, on ATI or NVidia VGA, AMD or Intel CPU, many laptops and desktop computers. With or without codec pack, any type of video. Sound keeps playing but video hangs, computer stops responding and everything goes well again after closing BS Player in Task Manager.

I hope this will help.
Old 29th January 2020
BS.Player Newbie

talkIRC is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down years of empty promises

biggest bug of all: no real update or improvement in years and years, but still taking peoples money for what, outdated software that is loosing long time users to other lesser programs all because of a failure to enable modern codecs. sad day for us all...

i'll check back in another 6 months or years to see the same lack of anything other then a black-hole for people to foolishly pay good money for nothing but heartbreak.
Old 29th January 2020
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by talkIRC View Post
biggest bug of all: no real update or improvement in years and years, but still taking peoples money for what, outdated software that is loosing long time users to other lesser programs all because of a failure to enable modern codecs. sad day for us all...

i'll check back in another 6 months or years to see the same lack of anything other then a black-hole for people to foolishly pay good money for nothing but heartbreak.

Sorry to disappoint you, but at this moment the reported bug cannot been reproduced. It's a singular problem that can...maybe...be pinpointed if a lot of resources will be involved. This problem can be related to many things, including, but not reduced to...codecs installed, codecs in use, legit version of BSPlayer, DirectX version installed...and many more...
Old 30th December 2020
BS.Player Newbie

DarkPhoenix is on a distinguished road
Default Here is the final fix !

Hi, version 2.75 and did not have any fixed on this problem, but here is the workaround to fix this for ever.

PC specs:
I7 4790K overclocked
GTX 1060 6GB OC version
16 GB DDR3
SSD Samsung 860 pro, 512 GB
TV/Monitor 4K 60 FPS, watch all the time 1080p or 2160p

is not a low end platform and have this problem since 2013 and every bsplayer update still keep this unfixed.

My problems:
1. When bsplayer is opened in background, windows is very slow, chrome is lagging, mouse cursor is lagging, open file is slow, and everything is slow.
2. After a period of time video that i watch is freezing, and crash, and critical error sound is played neverending, and taskmanager is lagging very hard and have bugged display menu.
3. Fast forwarding video or pause it will make bsplayer to crash early. This happen with all kind of video, from 200 mb to 50 gb, mp4, mkv, dose not matter, all was the same for me.

How did i fix it:?See this image:

Wait for vertical blank and Try not to drop frame need to be unchecked, this fix most of problems in video and avoid crashes.
Also
disable Seek for kayframes sems to have a good impact for video performance overall. And set bsplayer to run on Low process priority will avoid making an impact in windows performance.

I test this fix with many video, and many hour of working well, and also with video of 80 Gb and 2160p, with no downside or video problem.

Please make all 4 changes to be sure everything work smoth as is working on me right now. I wait for your feedback.
Old 31st December 2020
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

Can anyone confirm this ?
If yes, the post will be moved to solved
Old 14th January 2021
BS.Player Newbie

devi1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by adicoto View Post
Can anyone confirm this ?
If yes, the post will be moved to solved
I did what DarkPhoenix said and in 10 episodes I got over 5 crashes. It's still not solved.
Old 13th February 2022
BS.Player Newbie

warlocksm is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake916 View Post
Version 2.56 Build 1043 Confirmed to work, the Video freeze, while audio plays with infinite ERROR Sound that lags computer is not present with this.

Last Error Log: Pastebin
K-Lite Mega Codec Pack is being used, With these various settings tweaks

Filter Management > Allow Intermediate Filters [Checked] (Allows K-Lite Filters to load)
Subtitles > Subtitles Disabled [Checked] (K-Lite Manages this)
Audio > Use Internal Vorbis Decoder [Unchecked] (K-Lite Manages this)
Optional Video - EVR Rendering, this older client doesn't allow MadVR so EVR is the next best thing.

I have tested various situations on my pc, thinking Windows 7 Power Management and Mother Board Programs could be at cause, like Asus AI Suite II, or Digi+ Power Management Control, but none of them were.

I have tested this for 7 hours having each error occur at the 50minute mark, i have successfully played 3 hours worth and no error.

Note the error, doesnt matter how long the files are, i have played 30 minute episodes by just loading them over top, not closing the player and the error happens, but on the version i noted, it never happens.

I believe its something to do with Software / Drivers / Hardware on the pc, and BS player not working well with it. The Error Logs dont say much, i have attached my full error log in a pastebin a few posts back as well.

I will test anything the devs make as i want the best player to be fixed and work smoothly for everyone.

This is the only feedback i can give for now!

Just registered to confirm this. I had this problem for about 10 years. Changed 2 CPUs, 3 Motherboards, 4 GPUs, and not sure how mane windows re-installations both win7 and win10 and problem persisted.
I uninstalled latest version and installed 2.5.6 1403 version I found on oldversion.com and so far watched 3 movies without problems. It's obviously something added in 2.5.7 version that causes this problem.

Tags
abaut, crash