Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions

Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions Post your suggestions and feature requests here, what would you like to use in BS.Player. Any feedback is appreciated and will be reviewed by our team.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 8th February 2013
BS.Player Newbie

rob.stow@hotmail.com is on a distinguished road
Default Feature requests for subtitles

1.) BSPlayer does not provide a good way to quickly go back to the start of a video file. Even the <| button on the control window does absolutely nothing. After BSPlayer downloads subtitles I always want to go back to the beginning of the video to find out what I missed while downloading the subtitles. I always end up having to close BSPlayer and reopen it merely to get to the beginning of the video clip. If the progress bar was the full width of the screen it might be useful for this purpose, but it is so small that you can be 15 to 30 seconds into a video clip before anything shows on the progress bar.
2.) There appears to be no way for users to manually invoke the subtitle rating window. For TV shows BSPlayer frequently downloads subtitles for the previous episode instead of the one I am trying to watch and I simply want to flag it as "Wrong Subtitle" so no one else ends up downloading the same wrong subtitle. Ditto for subtitles that are so bad they are useless - whether garbled, too many missing sections, or too out-of-sync. Ditto for spam "subtitles" that do absolutely nothing but show "Download subtitles from [URL]".
3.) When the user downloads subtitles and needs to tell BSPlayer to load them, BSPlayer should default to either the folder that the current video clip is in or - if it exists - the "Subs" folder within that folder.
4.) BSPlayer only allows the user to adjust the sync of subtitles in 1 second increments. With my hearing that is good enough because I can only sync with the action on the screen, not the sound. However, when someone with good hearing is watching with me it drives them nuts when subtitles are out of sync and they can't fix it because of that huge increment. 0.2 or 0.25 seconds would be a better increment size. A registry setting to change the increment?
Old 9th February 2013
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

1. Just press Pause button until you select which subtitle to download. Or Stop -> Play. Or "B".
2. Never had such a problem with opensubtitles or bsplayer.subtitles, bat had many problems with getsubtitles, so I have unchecked this site from search engine.
3. Do you refer to "Load subtitles" function of BSPlayer ( with a video loaded) ? If so, yes, it would be nice, if not, just check "automatically load subtitles from current folder" in subtitles option.
4. Try Shift + Left/Right Arrow instead of Ctrl + Arrow
Old 11th March 2014
BS.Player Newbie

Moncsa is on a distinguished road

Adicoto,

at point 2 I must agree with Rob.
Unfortunately also on BSPlayer subtitles there are more and more for wrong episodes, out-of-sync, or just full of grammatical and/or translation mistakes. Getsubtitles I have unchecked since a long time (I found "google-translate"-type horrors there too often), and had no problems for years, but i do have now.
If I'm offered the possibility of rating, I rate. But if I see in the beginning that the subtitle is not correct, and stop watching to download another one, I cannot vote; and even if I finish watching, I'm not always offered to vote (often there are no votes at all, and the subtitle is crap, so I don't really understand, why).
I think option for rating a subtitle for the users wish would help everybody - other users, not to download the bad one, and BSPlayer team, to have their subtitle database at least partly cleaned up from bullshit.

Think about this option, please :)
Old 20th March 2014
BS.Support
BS.Player Power User

Ico-man is on a distinguished road

Option for 2. will be added in next version.

Tags
feature, requests, subtitles