Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions

Feature Requests, Feedback And Suggestions Post your suggestions and feature requests here, what would you like to use in BS.Player. Any feedback is appreciated and will be reviewed by our team.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 25th August 2009
BS.player Regular User

zmth is on a distinguished road
Default separate vertical/horizontal stretch

Is there any way to have separate pan control or stretching of the vertical and horizontal. Mainly
i have the 4/3 ratio like most older tv's and actually want to have full screen of wide ratio videos but not stretched in the vertical direction so would like crop the horizontal but not vertical. Also what does movie mode mean and desktop mode . I looked in forums but could not find answer.
Old 25th August 2009
BS.Player Master

BSPeter is on a distinguished road

Maybe read this thread (click here).

In 'movie mode' ([M]-key), BS.Player puts movie at top, subtitles at bottom and enables pan-scan as needed
In 'desktop mode' ([D]-key), the movie is shown as your desktop's background.
Private messages/Visitor messages are NOT for seeking personal help with respect to BS.Player! Instead use the forums!
Old 26th August 2009
BS.player Regular User

Default numeric keypad -what if you have laptop with no numeric keypad

Quote:
Originally Posted by adicoto View Post
As for the aspect ratio, the easyest way to deal is with shift+1, +2 and +3 (original, 16:9 and 4:3).
As for resizing, I think I didn't understand exactly what you are trying to say.
Am trying essentilly to crop the horizontal- that is chop off parts of extreme rt and left so that it won't appear more stretched and unnatural in the vertical direction when go to a 4/3 aspect on videos that are like 16/9 or even higher like 2/1 or sometimes more - if i just chop off the horizontal extremes or stretch the horizontal only which would do the same thing then when go to 4/3 which abnormally stretches the vertical then it would look more natural at the expense of loosing some horizontal coverage. I would try the ctrl num keypad stuff but can't as i have laqptop with NO numeric keypad - only ONE set of numbers
Old 26th August 2009
BS.player Regular User

Default Have found a partial solution

Have a partial solution.First find out how to turn lap top keys into like num key pad fct. then the '+' and '-' keys of num keypad,or simulation ,do stretch it equally but if in default aspect ratio say 16/9 etc. for example wider than the standard 4/3 then keep using '+ to get it larger and while in full screen will still not occupy the unused top and bottom portions of the display BUT if toggle out of full screen and back in then it does occupy more and more of the unused portions top/bottom. And is effectively like cropping the outer horizontal but not vertical portions of display - sort of fully using the screen as if went to a 4/3 aspect ratio but instead of stretching the vertical more than horizontal it just cuts off part of the outer horizontal display. Key point is must first be in num keypad mode and also toggle out of and back into full screen mode till get it adjusted as desired. Haven't figured out exactly how to get a combination of a less than max unequal stretching - the max unequal being just only going to a 4/3 aspect ratio while the default is a higher ratio - and horizontal cropping.

Tags
separate, stretch, vertical or horizontal