View Single Post
Old 28th March 2004
BS.Player Newbie

movieman200x is an unknown quantity at this point
Default SOUND PROBLEM FIXED!!!

Hey guys... I have used BSPlayer for some time and have always found it to be THE best media player available. I love it!

So here's the deal. I had the player on my computer for over a year with no problems. I recently did the dreaded "format" and re-installed windows. I then re-installed the latest version of BSPlayer and viola, video, but no sound.

I tried looking everywhere in these forums for an answer, to no avail. Alas, I happened across a solution by complete mistake, but fixed my sound problem.

That's right... I FIXED THE SOUND PROBLEM!

Here's what I did (keep in mind that it may not work for everyone, but it did for me):
  • ---In your list of installed programs (Start menu) there should be a new entry called "ffdshow." Go there and click on "Audio filter configuration."
  • ---Click on "Codecs" under the tab on the left (if it isn't already selected)
  • ---Find "MP3" under the heading "Format" and click on "disabled" directly to the right of it.
  • ---Click on the down arrow that appears next to the word "disabled" and click on "mp3lib."
  • ---Click "Apply" then "Ok"

That should be it. Note that this method might not work on your system, and my system was only haveing a problem with videos with audio encoded in mp3. Hope this helps at least a few of you :D

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20