View Single Post
Old 18th September 2004
BS.Player Newbie

pbkg is an unknown quantity at this point

I have run into a "bug" with sending messages to the window. If I have 22 Matroska files (DivX 5.2 + bug fix + MP3 Audio), and send a couple of messages telling it to jump to the next file, before it has had a chance to load the file properly, it will crash (no response, no CPU usage). At the same time, if I do it with AVI files (same setup as above, different content though), it will work fine, just to run it straight though.

Attached to this post should be a zip file containing a DLL, and a VBScript file that shows the above. You will need to register the DLL first (regsvr32 BSPlayerUICE.DLL).

This is what is done when calling next (MSVC 6.0 as a COM DLL).
Code:
	AFX_MANAGE_STATE(AfxGetStaticModuleState())

HWND bsp_hand;
	bsp_hand=FindWindow("BSPlayer",NULL);
	SendMessage(bsp_hand,WM_BSP_CMD,BSP_Next,0);
This was tested on 1.0, 1.01 and 1.02 now, and although the handling has improved (in 1.0 it crashed even with AVI files, in 1.01+ it seems to work find (unless of course you add about 10 bs.next calls in the VBS file).

Secondly, this is more of a feature requet, but I am just going to through it in here anyways, but I would like to be able to go from the first item in the playlist, back round to the end of playlist by hitting the previous button? Possible? Impossible? It would just make it easier, rather than having to go though 22 times (because it is easier for me to load all 22 files at once through UICE), to get to the last couple of files.
Attached Files
File Type: zip crash-bs.zip (8.1 KB, 103 views)

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20