View Single Post
Old 3rd October 2004
BS.player Regular User

XelaG is an unknown quantity at this point
Default (Pro) Subtitle Editor suggestions

For bug reports, see my posts in appropriate forum. Here go a few suggestions I have after using the Subtitle Editor for a few days.

* When double-clicking on a line in the editor (in the top list of lines), the viewer synchronises with the frame corresponding to the begin-time of the line. This is a great feature, but it would be handy if the focus were set to the viewer window when this happens, as I then usually press SPACE to start the movie at that point, and have to manually click on the viewer so that it captures the key-press. Alternatively, and maybe more useful, the following could be done: unless the focus is on the editing field, pressing the SPACE (or the appropriate custom key) starts/stops the movie.

* Overlapping and negative duration indicator - some sort of red LED or something would be useful. Also a global search function for these irregular lines in a file would help a lot.

* A time-frame indicator up to the millisecond of the movie. This could be overlayed on the viewer when the Subtitle Editor is open. Now I have to revert to full-screen and read the time (up to a second accurate) on the long horizontal whatchamacallit which appears at the bottom of the screen.

* Add new line at current time. This would be useful when lines are missing and you stop the movie exactly where you want the line to be.

* Some way to adjust the Start/Stop/Duration spin-edit steps to less than 100 ms. Maybe pressing SHIFT for 10 ms and CTRL for a 1 ms step while you klick on the up/down arrows of the spin-edits?

* An option to lock the duration of a line while you adjust the begin-time

* Automatic check for and removal of CRLF (\n) at the very end of a line, and possible double \n\n in the line.

* Show the time-distance (dif between begin times) to the previous and next line.

Well, that's all I can think of for now :)

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20